Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goloboozoora

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
I have a mod done to my car video unit which allows ipod video with some ipods, but the lack of an auth chip means my ipod classic has tv out blocked. ergo no video.

Any ideas as to how to get around it without buying a new ipod ?

Cheers

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Some recent iPod models (I don't remember since which one), require the apple or any other iPod certified cable for the TV out signal to function properly.
I think if you get the right cable you will be able to complete your creature.
Good luck.
Please post some pics once you are done.
________
Ford Model N

Last edited:

goloboozoora

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
Some recent iPod models (I don't remember since which one), require the apple or any other iPod certified cable for the TV out signal to function properly.
I think if you get the right cable you will be able to complete your creature.
Good luck.
Please post some pics once you are done.

Yeah thats exactly the problem. The cable supplied with the mod is 3rd party, so not certified. I'd like a way around it without having to rewire the unit. Maybe I could put the 3rd party cable into a docking station, then put the ipod into the cradle....

anyway here's a demo from someone on youtube. Looks pretty good eh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiMmBdC7CvI

Cheers

mpshay

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
Florida
cant view the video while at work (not sure what it shows)...You are going to need an apple cable to get video out of the dock connector. I got one with composit video connections to send video to the LCD screen in the back of my wife's SUV. Works fine.

How does your current cable connect to the stereo? Can you just swap it out? If you don't want to pull the streo out, might be able to splice the two of them together, but I personally would pull out the stereo and swap cables instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.