iPod TV Show Tagging Made Easy

Discussion in 'iPod' started by anushka, Jan 26, 2006.

1. anushka macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2006
  2. ToastMaster macrumors regular

Nov 10, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    Not cygwin? I got a windows version awhile ago (cygwin I think), and I've been using it to tag my videos for a while. What's different in this one from the cygwin version?
  3. wwooden macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    The lasted iTunes update gives you the option of tagging the movies of TV Shows now, seems a lot easier to me.
  4. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    Yeah but you can't tell it what Series or episode number it is. They just all end up jumbled together. I use Lostify and it works really well.
  5. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

Jul 31, 2005
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Plus that doesn't carry over to the iPod...it only tells iTunes to show it as a TV Show, and doesn't actually modify the meta-data of the file, as Lostify or other AtomicParsley-using apps do.
  6. anushka thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2006
    guess its faster and you dont need to install cygwin.
  7. Avoid macrumors newbie

Feb 3, 2006
    You don't have to install Cygwin to use Atomic Parsley with it. all you need is cygwin1.dll and cygiconv-2.dll from the cygwin package. just put them in the same directory as atomicparsley.exe and it works fine. The cygwin version is more current than the win32 port because a seperate developer does the win32.
    I wrote a pretty simple .net gui for Atomic parsley if anyone's interested I put it up along with the VS 2005 source code at www.abstractvoid.com. Its just something that I threw together quickly for my own use but everyone's welcome to it.