Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djinn

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
I purchased Grey's Anatomy Season 3 for the ipod and wanted to watch it on the TV. What is the cheapest solution for this? I would need sound and video. I did see Apple has the AV Package for 100 bucks but for another 100 I can get the iTV. Should I just order the iTV and do it that way? Just curious what other people are doing? I wanted to stay away from a dock.

djinn

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Crap your right.. I checked my discount and its only for 281.00. So is the AV package the best method?

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
There is a basic cable that connects through the headphone port on the iPod to RCA cables (red, yellow, white). This should look fine on most tv's and I think it's only like $20. I know if you look somewhere like meritline.com, you can get it even cheaper. Only downside is that you have to control everything from the iPod, so if you want to fast forward or pause, you need to get up and go to the iPod.

djinn

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
So I got the Marware cables and got it hooked up.. its not to bad, the pic isn't the greatest but it will do. thanks for the replies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.