iPod two where are you?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by vanillamike, Jan 9, 2003.

  1. vanillamike macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2003
    Location:
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    #1
    Hello,

    I am posting in hopes of alleviating some of my fears of buying an iPod right now. I finally have enough money to buy a 20GB iPod but I am worried there will be price drops soon.

    Has anyone heard if there will be any price drops or revisions to the iPod any time soon (i.e. before the next MacWorld)?

    and

    Is it safe to buy an iPod right now regarding AAC support. Would there be a firmware upgrade for AAC support or is that a hardware driven thing?

    Basically I am trying to figure out how much I stand to lose if I buy an iPod now instead of waiting until April or May.

    Thanks,

    Mike
     
  2. Gus macrumors 65816

    Gus

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2002
    Location:
    Minnesota
    #2
    If you can control the urge to purge (money), then I suggest you wait. I have a feeling (intuition, heebie-jeebies, the whammy, etc.) that there will at LEAST be price drops soon, and by soon I mean by the first week of February. But hey, what the hell do I know? Of course if I'm right, then I'll look like a genius!

    Regards,
    Gus
     
  3. vanillamike thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2003
    Location:
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    #3
    thanks for the reply :)

    I can hold off until February, especially since my eMac is in the shop getting fixed as we speak (raster shift). I was hoping somone could answer my ACC question.

    Mike
     

Share This Page