Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Natalia81

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
I have a 4g 20gb ipod that's about a month old. I had it formatted on a windows machine, so it's fat32. Well, I got rid of the windows machine and got a powerbook like 2 weeks ago. Well, my pb picked up the most recent ipod updater. And whenever I plug in my ipod to the mac, it asks if I wanna update my ipod software...I've been hitting no so far. So since my pb downloaded it is this update for a mac formatted ipod or is there just one update for both fat32 and whatever the mac format is for the ipod? If they are different, will using the update that my pb got have any bad side effects on my ipod/will it work?

sorry for the dumb question...but I didn't wanna take any chances. I wanna keep my ipod formatted as fat32, so I can use transfer files with other people's PCs.

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
sorry if it seems i'm hijacking your thread.. but, does your windows formatted ipod still sync with itunes on your mac??

perhaps your best bet is to update it from a windows machine...??

reality

Natalia81

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
I don't automatically sync it on my mac. I just manually put music on my ipod. And have had no problems with that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.