iPod updater 1.2.1 for 5G Video iPod now available (?)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by reubs, Dec 6, 2006.

1. reubs macrumors 68000

I was having problems syncing my iPod earlier today...as in it would update but it changed all of my settings. I thought it might have been b/c of some Acquisition (only live, unavailable for purchase stuff) music I had put on there, but then when I changed setting and tried to "apply" changes the iPod wasn't recognized.

Tonight I see there's a software update for the 5G. It's numbered 1.2.1. So if any of y'all are having problems out there, give that a try. I got the prompt just as I was about to restore, so don't lose hope.

Good luck.

2. PMG5Quad macrumors newbie

PMG5Quad

iPod G5

I have had the same problem & was told by a Mac Store guy my Gen. 5 iPod should be able to search. With a software up date? I hope so Trying in 5 min.:) Here is the iTunes link if it help's anyone http://www.apple.com/itunes/

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

No search for me, though the "big letter" thing works better.

4. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know if this addresses performance issues? On my iPod I have a problem where if I try to scroll through my music while something is playing, it is very slow and choppy.

5. cw2112 macrumors newbie

This update did NOT work for me. My issue is when I first plug in the IPOD, it updates fine. If I change something about my settings or need to update again, I am unable to do so and get an error -50. Itunes says t's updating but nothting happens with the ipod. Also not being recognized in My Computer as a disk drive. So hopeful but alas no resolution. VERY Frustrating!!!!!!!!!

6. reubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Sorry can't help you with that. My wife has a 1G shuffle, and we occasionally have problems w/ that on our PC. I've just learned to be patient when dealing with that.