iPod updater 2005-09-23 is out... today

Discussion in 'iPod' started by phanofwclark, Sep 22, 2005.

1. phanofwclark macrumors newbie

Ipod updater 2005-09-23 is out today, the 22nd. From Software Update:

iPod software update 2005-09-23 delivers iPod Software 1.1.2 for iPod shuffle, iPod Software 1.0 for iPod nano, iPod Software 1.2 for iPod with color display, iPod Software 1.4 for iPod mini, and iPod Software 3.1 for iPod with Click Wheel.

Features of iPod Software 1.1.2 for iPod shuffle

Bug fixes for iPod shuffle

Updates include:

iPod nano Software 1.0
    iPod nano

iPod Software 1.2
    iPod with color display
    iPod photo

iPod shuffle Software 1.1.2
    iPod shuffle

iPod mini Software 1.4
    iPod mini

iPod Software 3.1
    iPod with Click Wheel

iPod Software 2.3
    iPod with dock connector

iPod Software 1.5
    iPod with touch wheel
    iPod with scroll wheel

2. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I believe the shuffle is the only iPod actually "updated" by this. It provides the existing software versions for all the others. I think.

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Wont download on my computers, freezes at 30.6MB downloaded on them...

4. Mac_Freak macrumors 6502a

You are correct. I have just downloaded it for nothing.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It would be nice if Apple would separate them to save downloading something you already have, but simplicity is their goal so they provide everything in one.

6. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Would also be nice if they made these things write over the old versions that are on my machine...each one is taking up 30+ mb. Would have liked to see the big iPods get updated with some of those new Nano features as well.

7. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Honestly! How long is the flagship iPod going to stay inferior to the nano? Either they will be forced to update soon or come out with new iPods.

8. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

it also helps if you have it all in one file if you have more than one ipod:D

9. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Forgive me for the question; but how do you use this to update multiple iPods?

10. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Another advantage to multiple versions is this allows you to revert back to a previous version if you need to, like when the new one has bugs.

11. aphasiasticus macrumors newbie

shuffle users

So is there any idea what the bugs were that are fixed in this update for the shuffle? I'm curious about whether podcasts might be able to be ordered as we wish during normal playback (they were not able to be maintained in any order after the itunes 5 update).

12. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    This may be obvious or it may be wrong, possibly both. But I suggest opening the program updater. Let it load then plug in your in your first ipod, do the update, let it finish then close the program and eject the ipod. Then open program again and repeat?

13. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Well I can tell you what it did not fix if that helps, the fact that when switching to Shuffle on the back it turns off, i have to move it in between repeat and shuffle to get it to play in shuffle mode(i think this is more hardware which is why I am returning it tomorrow), it also did not fix my other biggest peev, I listened to a song and turned it off while the song was still playing. Now every single time i turn it back on it starts half way through on the same exact song every single time. I love the song (Stone Temple Pilots cover of Zeppelins Dancing Days check it out) but it gets really annoying. Also when i do manage to get it to play in shuffle mode it plays the same 20 or 30 songs as the first ones granted they are not in the same order, but it defintely is the same ones. I could do better randomizing drawing from a hat!

Add to that the fact i do not get anywhere near 12 hours on a battery I've baby'd and i am pretty dissatified. I'm going to ask if i can return and pay the difference for a nano, because this is just lame.

14. cait-sith macrumors regular

Battery life is always less than they quote (I dunno where they get their figures from).. but Apple seems to be quite open to helping out it's customers, so definitely go for the nano exchange if it's possible. No sense being disappointed! They added a new feature in iTunes 5 to allow users to determine how likely you were to hear a song by a similar artist when shuffling, so at least their attention is on.

I'm wondering if there is a way to shuffle only the songs in a playlist on my mini that I just haven't found yet? Shuffling shuffles my whole library, which I do not want.

15. GreeneGirl7 macrumors regular

GreeneGirl7

Turn shuffle on to "songs" and then select the playlist you want shuffled.