iPod upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Gaz, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Gaz macrumors regular

This is a completely off the wall thought but I was thinking that if the rumor that we'll see PowerMacs and at least PowerBooks with bluetooth by 2003, there might be the premise for the idea that the iPod would get bluetooth as well.

I can't see that Apple would ditch the firewire given the transfer speeds but bluetooth would be a neat add-on espically for the mobile user. Just a thought though.

Gaz

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

You're probably right about that. Not for a while though. Back when I began seeing cordless mice for sale I remember thinking how cool it would be the iMac to be a truly cordless system.

3. Gaz thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking about it a little more and the inclusion of bluetooth would open up the iPod to more people in the PC world as bluetooth would appear to be more popular than firewire.

Also consider some Apple Pro speakers with bluetooth or even the odd hifi with bluetooth support. All you would need to do is take your iPod the room and you've got access to a nice speaker system. Also with the address book and so on you've a nice way of carrying your contacts around with you, then in theory you could sit at any bluetooth enabled machine and have all your contact and calander information available! But its all just wild speculation.

4. jaykk macrumors 6502a

Cordless KB & Mouse is here, thanks to M$

M$ does it again..Microsoft Bluetooh Keyboard, Mouse gets US approval

"Microsoft has moved closer to commercialization of a wireless keyboard and mouse set that relies on Bluetooth wireless networking technology."

Its a good news for Mac, because OS X is the first OS to support bluetooth, and M$, just like their Office products, support Mac ..

5. PyroTurtle macrumors regular

logitech was selling bluetooth enabled stuff while ago, but no one was biting...
    and in japan and taiwan, there's alot of bluetooth enabled stuff...
    it's all just finally comming to the US, kinda like 3G wireless

6. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

except firewire is faster and more dependable than bluetooth

and i don't see what everyone's obsession is with wireless products....one day we will all be getting radiation poisoning from all the wireless data transfer (watch the movie johnny mnemonic)

7. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

I wouldn't hold your breath for a firewire mouse any time soon. :rolleyes: ;)

8. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

why would anyone want a firewire mouse? that's just plain stupid....seriously

though i could see bluetooth being feasible in a mouse...i just hate that cord soo much

9. Paolo macrumors regular

blutooth is definate in the ipod.... everyone saw mwny with itunes and rendevue imagine that on an ipod...

you could be sitting on a train and all of a sudden your being srtreamed someone elses play lists.....awesome

10. nervouk macrumors member

nervouk

oh god, i'm never doing that again! :)