iPod Video (5G) Freezes when playing videos

Discussion in 'iPod' started by nkarunatilaka, Nov 14, 2005.

1. nkarunatilaka macrumors newbie

Nov 14, 2005
    So i have the new black 30gb Fifth Generation iPod.

I downloaded a music video for 1.99 off of iTunes. I then copied it to my iPod. It playbacked fine the first day and worked great. Then the 2nd day, everytime I would play the video, it would be a black screen with the play button in the top left corner and it would freeze. None of the keys would work, and I had to reset it to get out. :( (Its been doing that constantly)

At first i thought it was the particular music video, so i purchased a different one. I copied to the iPod, then tried to play it and the same thing.

If anyone knows a way to fix this i would appreciate it! :) If not, im probably going to return this and get back my money or get a different one.

Any suggestions on what to do/ what to fix??? :eek:

Thanks guys-
  2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

May 29, 2005
    I would call Apple. Try doing a reinstall of the iPod software?

That's what I would do. :)
  3. nkarunatilaka thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 14, 2005
    Yea im probably going to call Apple tomorrow. I've already ran the iPod software given to me on the CD and did the restore to factory settings thing, and it still didnt work. :(

Music and Photo playback are fine. Its just the video. =/ I mean it worked fine the first day i got it, so i dont get why it doesnt work now :'(
  4. ToastMaster macrumors regular

Nov 10, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    That's definitely just an isolated incident. Guarenteed you'll be able to get a new iPod. I've played entire movies on my 5g without issues.

Except maybe eyestrain.
  5. nkarunatilaka thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 14, 2005
    Yea but its just wierd that it worked fine one day and not the next today. :confused: :confused: :confused: