iPod Video and Video Podcasts

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iShane, Feb 24, 2006.

1. iShane macrumors 6502a

Hello All,

Okay, here is the story. So yesterday morning I was looking through video podcasts and they had Stong Bad Emails on iTunes so I decided to download all of the episodes that they had (8) and so then after downloading them I tried to put them on my iPod and it didn't work the first time and I just thought that I might have done something wrong so I tried again, and it still didn't work. So then I just decided to stop messing with it until now because i think I'm going to the Walden Galleria tomarrow to check out the new Intel Macs (!!!) and its about a 2 hour drive so I decided to try again this morning and I looked at the little window at the top on iTunes and it said that it was copying it to my iPod and then when I disconnected my iPod to see if it worked the episodes weren't on there. So I tried one more thing and that was that after putting them on my iPod, search inside my iPod to see if they were on there and they were, but then again I went to watch them and it hadn't actually worked. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Has anyone had a similar problem? I'm connected by a Apple Universal Dock. Could this have anything to do with it? Could the dock or my firewire be corrupted somehow? The last time I used the dock was Tuesday night to put a song on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Shane Eliason

2. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Is this the first time you tried to transfer video to your iPod? If not, did it work before?

When you searched inside your iPod for them, what do you mean? iTunes content should be hidden. Was the material there when you opened the iPod, or did you go rooting around the hidden files?

3. iShane thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, this is not the first time that I have put video on my iPod. I have purchased 9 music videos and 13 TV shows off iTunes so I'm not exactly a newbie at that. When I said I searched inside my iPod I meant that I clicked on "Shane's iPod" from the left toolbar menu thing and up in the search box in iTunes I typed in "Strong Bad Email" and all the episodes were there. Then when I disconnected, they weren't.

Thanks for your input,
    Shane Eliason