iPod Video Box

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Koodauw, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Any one here got an iPod Video Box that they bought from the apple store, or apple.com? If so please let me know, got a question. Thanks.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You mean the box that the new iPod (w/ video) came in?

3. john159 macrumors regular

yes i have an apple box with the ipod video on the cover... why,

4. Koodauw thread starter macrumors 68040

Koodauw

It's from the apple store or apple.com right?

Can you tell me what the UPC is?
    you can pm if you prefer.

Edit: It needs to be a 30 GB white version as well. Forgot to mention this earlier.

5. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I might be able to give that to you. What do you need it for?

6. Koodauw thread starter macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I bought an iPod video about a short while ago from Bestbuy which I have opened and loaded up. I just received one as birthday gift as well. ( didnt think I would, so I went and bought one.) The new on came form apple.com, and I was just going to return it to best buy, as it is unopened, and they can just resell it, rather than sticking them with an opened, used iPod.

I didnt know if apple used different upc codes for products sold by them / retailers. I know compaq had completely different model #s depending on if you bought it form them or in a Brick & mortar store. I was hopin to get some info before I walked in to Best Buy and looked like a fool if they are different.

7. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

If you just say you got it as a gift: you can't look like an idiot, because you wouldn't know where they bought it.

8. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Sounds fishy, like someone wants a $100 discount on a 60GB.

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/05/0120231

EDIT: Sorry for expecting the worst. Wouldn't you want to know what the Best Buy UPC is then? I have one of those....

EricNau's suggestion is a good one too. You could tell 'em you got both of 'em as birthday gifts.

B

9. Koodauw thread starter macrumors 68040

Koodauw

no its actually legit. I have to bby box with me, but the new one I dont. I was just curious. I can return the opened one at any time, but I was just tryin to be nice. (if you can call it that.) The iPod would be sealed if I return it, the UPC is under the plastic, so no scam. But thanks for thread crapping. I can compare the two when I get home, I was just curious now. Its not a big deal.

Edit: actually that article is pretty funny.

10. themacmaestro macrumors member

Nice to see that everyone sees the best in everyone else... jerk

11. john159 macrumors regular

yo.. i can see why it sounds fishy... if someone calls and asks for your credit card number you just dont give it to them... it does sound a little fishy too but i am sure if it was explained a little more we could understand, so yeh....jerk ;)

12. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Hes a 68000. give him a little credit. it should tell you hes been around MR for a while and has a reputation. But to your benifit its good to be cautious.

13. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Sheesh! I knew I should have put a smiley in there. I was only partly serious, just an excuse to link to the recent /. article.

At least the Koodauw found the link amusing. :)

B