Ipod Video Converting Program-the Best One???

Discussion in 'iPod' started by benbour, Sep 13, 2006.

1. benbour macrumors newbie

i've used the following programs without satisfaction:
    Nero
    IMTOO ipod video converter
    Cucusoft ipod converter suite
    Xilisoft MP4 Converter
    i need one that will synch the audio so the actor's voices will actually be on time with the picture!! the movies in their original version (usually avi) are ok and work fine when played on the pc using vlc media player...any suggestions would be awesome!

using 5g ipod video

2. AdgeT macrumors newbie

pay program

if you don't mind paying, a friend of mine swears by this program

if you're looking for shareware, then I have no idea

3. Virtualball macrumors 6502

For Mac, iSquint is the best, hands down. Fastest, simplest, and most amazing converter out there. Now supporting, what seems like, every format possible!

4. ripfrankwhite macrumors regular

ripfrankwhite

5. Machead III macrumors 6502

Machead III

6. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Did anyone pay for their Visual Hub software? It actually sounds pretty sweet. :)

8. dwishbone macrumors regular

Handbrake for DVDs. iSquint for pretty much everything else.

9. mkubal macrumors 6502a

There is also Instant Handbrake. It converts from DVD to iPod or PSP formatted video.

I still use the full version of handbrake, but I figured I'd throw the info out there. And like everyone else, iSquint has worked well for me.

10. reubs macrumors 68000

I've used Isquint before, but I couldn't figure out how to keep a file in WS instead of it being made into fullscreen. Also, what's wrong with the tool within Itunes? I've used that before for short clips, and it's worked really well.

11. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I'm currently doing a 100% quality rip in Handbrake and then exporting to iPod with Quicktime Pro. Not as easy as before when I just used Handbrake but it's guaranteed to work - pretty sure that Handbrake isn't yet up to date with the most recent version of the baseline profile Apple use for it's 640x480, 1.5mbps H.264 format used in the current 5.5G iPod.

The results I'm getting are very good.

12. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

isquint is the best ipod video converter... you wont be dissapointed!

13. benbour thread starter macrumors newbie

isquint will not work since i am running xp, i am not ripping dvds i simply want to convert the movies that i download, i need a program that actually records the file in mp4, not just a conversion, the voices seem to loose sync while in most programs, for me anyways

14. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

for xp? hm.. i dont know any, know a ton for osx though.

15. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

So, you downloaded some AVI movies off of BitTorrent and now you want them converted to MP4? ;)

16. fenixx macrumors regular

fenixx

From iSquint Read Me

"Q: Windows version? Please?
    A: Sorry, can't help you there. Doesn't feel very good to want a piece of software you can't have, does it? iSquint is a reflection of the type of software that is created for - and expected from - the Mac. Simple and powerful. I'm sure someone out there can make a .NET frontend to ffmpeg.exe, but it won't be me. AppleScript Studio is enough of a stretch... "

Tyler Loch [dev.] is hilarious; read his Read Me that he packages with iSquint.
    [Those fortunate enough to be on a Mac ;)]

17. Elrond39 macrumors 6502

Back when I was still on XP, I used Videora iPod Converter ... worked quite well. I think you should be able to manually choose the conversion settings as well.

18. rjgonzales macrumors regular

19. benbour thread starter macrumors newbie

damn you guys and your macs, i can't have on yet, not until college...however, i found a version of cucosoft ipod converter that came with a working serial, i converted a movie last night, anxious to see how it turned out....would it make sense if i said, that perhaps the reason the audio doesnt sync is becuase most programs simply convert the file instead of recording it into a new format, like cucusoft does?

20. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Videora ipod conveter for pc the same people that Make the Very popular Psp Video converter its basicly the same program and Free and Convert h264 or what ever it is an mp4 if u have a pc computer

21. snakelda macrumors 6502

Have you tried iTunes?In iTunes 6,it would convert the movie but it would get no sound but on iTunes 7,it actually get's the sound and the movie great!I even think it has the new resolution...

22. abeyk macrumors regular

abeyk

I used it once but the audio didn't work.

23. BollywooD macrumors 6502

BollywooD