iPod Video Hints from Apple!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by dotdotdot, May 13, 2005.

1. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

[​IMG] (image from digg)

From Apple.com, in the support section...

Apple iPod video could come soon!

2. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

hohoho!
    Nice find!

EDIT: this could pertain to the video ouput mode on the iPod Photo though.

3. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Any screen on any iPod could easily be considered "outputting video"...

5. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

that could just mean the display. or its a photoshop, but I'v seen your PS skills so I would think not

:p ...just kiddin.

6. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

I think one is commin. Heres a shot when i tried to sync a video from the music store.

Attached Files:

7. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

Whoa! Now that convinced me a lot more than the original post. That is quite strange wording, "on this iPod". That implies there is an iPod that can play it. It would make sense, too. The original iPod will be replaced by the iPod Photo (still called just "iPod" of course) and a new high-end iPod Video will be released.

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well, I'm sure people will buy it. I may only be interested if it has other features that the plain ones lack. Like with the iPod photos and their color screen. And higher battery life. I'd even be happy if the iPod mini can do voice recording (even better if it has a color screen). For now, I'm happy with my shuffle.

10. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I have a strong feeling people are right - there will be an iPod video soon. However I'm totally happy with my 2G mini and have no need for such a thing.

11. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

question, how soon will that video ipod come out? hrm...

12. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Typical! I've just purchased a 30Gb Photo!! I'd rather it be a software upgrade to make the Photo video compatible.

13. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

i think if there is an video ipod then they are going to have to make it have a bigger screen. not too many "video" would look good on the current ipod photo screen. my two cents :D

14. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

and you would think this would make at least page 2 news... hrm..

15. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

I say there is no reason for Apple to make "video" iPods, iPod is for music, and maybe some photo/slideshow, but for video? Get a portable DVD Player or a PSP or whatever Hard-drive portable thing there is with a LARGER SCREEN than the iPod!

Then again, if this would be a feature to simple store videos and then play them to a tv with some audio/video output cables, then I think it would be a great idea!

16. jburrw macrumors newbie

Sorry, but I think you're REALLY grasping at straws here. The first message is no doubt just referring to the display on the iPod. As for the other image, you get that error any time you try to transfer something to your iPod that is not an audio file.

Try again.

17. dhracer88 macrumors regular

I don't see why anyone would want a video ipod. It's going to cost a fortune (from my perspective), and a small screen wouldn't be so cool, even if they had a 6 incher. But then again, I don't see why anyone has an ipod photo. Unitl they have an integrated camera reader, I won't buy one!

JM

18. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

That's kinda what I'm thinking too. Especially sense the current iPod Photo can output to a TV having an iPod that plays back QTs out to a TV isn't a stretch.

Also, assuming Apple releases some sort of "iVideo Movie Store" in the future using the iPod as a playback device would be very handy. For example, instead of d/ling your movie then burning it to a DVD to take to a friend's house to watch you could just dump it to your iPod instead.

Lethal

19. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

To be honest I only brought an iPod Photo because of the pricing on the current iPod lineup. For £210 I could have brought a 20Gb standard iPod but for an extra £40 I got 10Gb more storage, a colour screen and the ability to store photos. Seemed like a no brainer to me really.

20. themacman macrumors 6502

im thinking its that one more thing at wwdc

21. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

i dont think so. steve generally likes to keep consumer products out of wwdc. it doesn't impress the developers when they pay $2000 to attend a dev. conference and steve starts talking about ipods..

it may be late may (at the wall st. journal - all things digitial conference) or just a random tuesday..

22. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

that plus vidoes for sale on itunes im saying ipod video comeing soon, this will be great me greating the itunes cell phone or/and(based on price) a video ipod(So i can hold all my songs and use an exra harddrive)

23. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

a video iPod seems silly and probably wouldn't have good battery life, but if it moves iPods, who cares :) :D :) I know I wouldn't buy one, a photo maybe. Has anyone here actually bought any videos off of iTunes? How's the quality?

24. dotdotdot thread starter macrumors 68020

1) I think this should be Page 2... even though I made it lol

2) It wont be at WWDC because thats for computers, not iPods

3) I think a video ipod would cost about $499 like the old 40 GB ones but be 60 GB...

25. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Remeber the Apple tablet laptop. Make one at say 10" with a small processor for the digital life style and what do you have... a video iPod! Put the two together and thats what you have...