iPod Video in my hands w/photos!!!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jcrewleif, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Guest

delete

2. macrumors 68000

jimsowden

The pics don't work.

3. thread starter Guest

I included a new link for the photos sorry about that

4. macrumors 604

Lacero

Please learn your camera's macro function. ;)

5. macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

damn, I ordered like 2 hours after the apple site came back on line and paid for one day shipping and it says mine isn't gonna be here til thursday on the package tracker!

6. Guest

Sky Blue

what;s the video out like?

7. macrumors 68020

I wonder if dead pixels will be more common on iPods now. :confused:

8. macrumors 6502a

When you do get it Im very interested in knowing exactly how it works. For example if you just push play and it will show up on the tv or if you can see the interface it self on the screen like Steve Jobs did at the keynote. Take a video please!

9. macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Steve's iPod was hacked up, with some funny cable coming out of the bottom, to allow it to show the menu. I have a feeling it will be very similar to the photo functionality, where nothing will be displayed if you're not playing video/photo content. (i.e. no menu. Which is too bad now that they have the Universal Dock with remote. An iPod in that dock would be like a mini-play-only-TiVo.)

10. macrumors G3

wow... that is sweet!

/repeats to self: install linux on my 4G
    //linux on a 4G
    ///linux on a 4G
    ////I NEED $299 + tax!!

11. macrumors 68000

jimsowden

That is a serious third party oppertunity. For like $100 a little deal that has video out and a remote, you plug your iPod into it and it has custom menus to both play from the iPod and perhaps record directly to it. wow. that would be cool.

12. macrumors 65816

Josh396

I didn't think of that. I sure hope not.

13. macrumors 6502

That would be a very neat add-on.

I could not see contolling your iPod from any distance with a remote unless it showed up on the monitor it was connected to...

14. macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I have like 800 dollars. Should I buy one cause I REALLY WANT ONE!

15. macrumors G3

puckhead193

i called every apple store in Mass and they are going to have them on the 25th :mad: :mad: just when my parents leave town :mad:

16. macrumors 65816

mfacey

The ipod has had a color screen for quite some time now. Why would this new ipod be more susceptible to dead pixels?

17. macrumors 604

clayj

Because it's a bigger screen (i.e., higher resolution)... the more pixels you have to worry about, the more likely one or more of them will be defective in some way.

18. macrumors 601

BornAgainMac

I should have gotten the white one

I bought the black 60 GB online and now I regret it since the white one won't look so bad with the scratches and fingerprints that I'll make. Too late to change the order.

I bought the remote, digital camera addon, dock, and cables. I own the Eye TV 200 and I plan to transfer those videos to it and hook it up to my TV and use the remote to watch my TV shows. It will be nice to be able to sync my entire photo and music collection instead of picking and choosing select playlists.

19. macrumors 6502a

Yeah exactly.

Sad to hear that it wont be able to work like this out of the box. Real downer, since it was actually something that made me really want the iPod.

My idea was to get it, connect it to my-car-to-be's navigation screen, and have the iPod wireless remote to control it. Wouldve been so cool =\

Hmmmm....

PATENT PENDING! ;)

20. macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

While I agree with that, it does still surprise me that there hasn't been that many reported faults with displays on the iPod range. Battery issues have been reported, nano screen and scratch faults recently too, but dead pixels have almost been non-existant.

21. macrumors 65816

mfacey

I guess that relative to the size of a fullsize LCD, the odds of getting a dead pixel are pretty small. Considering if you're unlucky you might have 2 or 3 dead ones on a good sized LCD monitor, chances are you won't find any on a small screen like the one on the ipod. Simple probability :D

22. Moderator emeritus

devilot

I know it will be hard to resist... but once you get the package-- rush to a nearby Apple seller and exchange the unopened box for a white one. :) My bf bought me a black nano from his uni and when I went into an Apple retail store they swapped the unopened box for a white one for me-- no problems whatsoever. :D

23. macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

I'm in the same boat.. I've saved up almost $1000 from my design this month, but unfortunately I have to pay $600 for insurance down payment and car registration, plus my girlfriend's birthday is 19 days away, and I don't want my bank account lingering near zero.. so maybe after Christmas :(

24. macrumors 601

BornAgainMac

Good idea. I have a Mac store close to my house. It also makes sense to have the dock, remote, cables, and camera adapter match the iPod.

25. macrumors 6502a

the black one is so much nicer (sry all you whiteys). anyone have an idea when amazon may get the new ipods? i ordered last week b/c I'm cheap and don't want to pay full retail (i bought amazon gift certificates on ebay). i also want to evade evil sales tax :)