iPod Video: Not the First, But Definitely the Best

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Oct 17, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    Stuck up sons o' beotches. ;) Yeah, I see it on the wall as well. Downloadable video clips is going to be HUGE!
  3. macrumors member

Dec 16, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Why the hell is everyone calling it "Video iPod" or "iPod Video" its neither, its just the 5G iPod. Its an iPod with video. Its primary function is still music, the video is just a little side option. If it was an "iPod video" it would be geared more towards video than music.
  4. macrumors G5

May 2, 2002
    You can see now why Apple was smart to add video to the MUSIC iPod instead of releasing a VIDEO iPod per se.

The irony: this time a subtle, tentative approach makes a BIGGER splash than a bold (and thus doomed) leap into handheld video.

It's revolutionary in its own way, yet it knocks down the naysayer's arguments before they're even spoken. This iPods costs no more than the old one and is physically smaller, so video capability is free!

Which is not to say some people haven't been overlooking that fact and submitting articles against the new iPod... apparently without learning anything ABOUT it first. Makes you think they wrote those articles beforehand and kept them ready, determined to badmouth an iPod with video no matter what.

Yet informally, "video iPod" is a logical term (more catchy than "5g") that's probably here to stay. That's OK--as long as Apple doesn't market it that way themselves.
  5. macrumors 68000

Sep 30, 2003
    Providence, RI
    Because that's the major distinction between this ipod and the previous models. I don't see what the big deal is.
  6. macrumors 68030

May 7, 2002
    2 Much Infinite Loops
    i need a new iPod. what i also need is the ability to compress my videos, so i could watch them on the iPod (although i have heard, that 1 full length movie would drain the iPod's battery)