Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rad As A Robot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
I bought videos from ITunes and put them on my IPod

Everything great

Accept that they wont play on my IPod. The song does but there's no music video to go with it. Even though I'm positive it is a music video.

How can I make the videos play on my IPod?

TechnoPagan

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2006
Dumb question #1: Are you sure you bought the video? It's 1.99 for a video, 99c for a song

Dumb question #2: Do you have a video iPod?

If you're scrolling to the "videos" section of your iPod, you should be seeing video. Do you have another video--one that you know works--you could watch to make sure there's nothing wrong with the iPod?

Rad As A Robot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
TechnoPagan said:
Dumb question #1: Are you sure you bought the video? It's 1.99 for a video, 99c for a song

Dumb question #2: Do you have a video iPod?

If you're scrolling to the "videos" section of your iPod, you should be seeing video. Do you have another video--one that you know works--you could watch to make sure there's nothing wrong with the iPod?

Answer #1:Yes Im Sure I bought it. I had a gift card and I registered it and watched how much it was worth go down as i bought the videos.

Answer #2: Yes I have a IPod video unless all IPods have a video section and come with the adding songs and videos to your IPod section

Which was no help by the way.

Rad As A Robot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
TechnoPagan said:
*I* wasn't intentionally being rude.

Are you able to watch another video?

I nkow you werent Im sorry this is just getting me a little touchy

Well no, none of the videos are working, but they work on my ITunes when I play them

kevin.rivers

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2005
Do you have the latest software update? If not grab the ipod updated and give that a shot.

Other than that, I am not sure what it could be.

Nar1117

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2006
IN order for a video to play you have to select it by going through the 'videos' section of the first menu in the iPod. If you select it any other way, it wont play as a video, but rather just the sound to the video will play.

17luv

macrumors member
May 15, 2006
Haha don't feel alone, I was going to mention what the above person said, 'cuz the same thing happened to me. Didn't realize that there was a right and wrong way to access video files if you wanted to hear it AND see it :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.