iPod Video Screen Problem - Nothing to do with Scratches.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ryan42, Dec 7, 2005.

1. ryan42 macrumors 6502

ryan42

It's pretty cold in my part of the world. Yesterday night it got down to 32.5 outside and about 50 inside. It's usually really cold when I'm going to bed. My iPod usually sits either on the charger or on the shelf beside my bed which is right next to the cold wall. I also usually read some stuff I copied over to the iPod before going to bed while listening to some tunes. My problem seems to be that I'll turn the iPod on and it'll start to condense very rapidly. i'll have to keep wiping it every 20 seconds or so for a few minutes until it stops doing it. when it does it on the screen it makes it unreadable. It does it on the top and bottom of the back too. Will this hurt the iPod? I'm afraid that it may start condensing inside of it behind the screen, between the front and the actual LCD.

Any ideas how I can prevent this problem?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. ryan42 thread starter macrumors 6502

ryan42

I have it some socks. It is always in a sock. (Personally I think it likes orange best.) But the cold still gets to it and as the temp changes it condenses.

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

The problem here is obviously the drastic temperature difference the iPod is experiencing. One solution is to keep it warm all the time.

Try:http://internationaljock.com/play-underwear-iboxer-in-orange,8811.html