Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duser123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Hey wuts up , i just got the 5g ipod and was looking around for some info and found this forum , I wanted to know if any of those polish liquids out there like the "Applesauce Polish" or the "Ice Creme" from RadTech can take some scratches out of my screen.:rolleyes:

MmmPancakes

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2005
Austin, TX
duser123 said:
Hey wuts up , i just got the 5g ipod and was looking around for some info and found this forum , I wanted to know if any of those polish liquids out there like the "Applesauce Polish" or the "Ice Creme" from RadTech can take some scratches out of my screen.:rolleyes:

All of those should work just fine, depending on the nature of the scratch. Most users on this forum highly recommend using the $4 can of Brasso for both the front and back of the iPod 5G photo and Nano. Google "ipod brasso scratches" and you'll see a few websites that discuss Brasso's success on these models.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
i recently purchased some Applesauce and have yet to use it on my ipod, but I tried it on my phone's scratched screen and can say the results are unpleasant. I imagine it may be ok to use on other places, but when used on the ipod's screen, it leaves behind small distortions that lead to innumerable tiny rainbows. No good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.