iPod Video, Video Problems?!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by PaRaGoNViCtiM, Jan 19, 2006.

1. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

Okay so I have a 30GB iPod Video and everything works fine, except for videos. I have a couple of videos I added to my iTunes library, and I can play them in iTunes, but when I update my iPod, they don't appear on the iPod. I just watched them all in iTunes, but I cannot get them on my iPod! Can anyone help!!

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Are these purchased from iTMS or not?

If not, iTunes will play MANY video files that are not compatible with the iPod, and it usually gives you a warning that they are not compatible. Make sure the files are MPEG-4 or H.264 and meet the resolution and bitrate requirements.

If you did buy them from iTMS or they are really compatible, it could be that your video sync settings for the iPod are not copying over the video files. Double click on the iPod when it shows up in iTunes and check the settings.

B

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

There must be a million threads on this topic by now. iTunes will play many different videos but the iPod (no such thing as an "iPod Video") will only play video that conforms to very specific formats, size and resolution. These are stated on the iPod website and all over these forums.

iTunes 6.0.2 now includes a contextual menu "Convert selection to iPod" so just highlight your offending videos and click the menu item. It'll take some time but it should fix your problem.

4. PaRaGoNViCtiM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the advice!
    I know there is no such thing as an "iPod Video", I was just stating that so it would be clear, that that's the iPod that I have, but thanks for clearing that up for me! :rolleyes: