iPod warranties through Apple?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by barrettd, Oct 26, 2003.

1. barrettd macrumors regular

I'm about to buy my second iPod, after selling my first. The first, I bought at Best Buy, and paid $40 for a 4-year warranty.

If I buy my next iPod at an Apple Store, or online through Apple, do they offer some kind of comparable warranty, or would that be Applecare? I went through the online shopping process right up to checkout, and I don't recall being offered the option of a warranty.

Thanks in advance!

BD

2. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

apple will not offer protection plans on ipods. They are too easy to be damaged. (as opposed to a desktop, that never moves, gets thrown in gym bag, etc) comp usa will sell you a plan that includes one replacement at comp usa's cost. It is very handy to have once your year-long apple warrenty expires.

In brief: apple doesnt sell warrenties after the original one expires

3. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

Have a look elsewhere, not only for warrenties but for other products, the Creative Nomad come in a varity of sizes (5-60GB) and beats apple doller for doller at every size. Happy hunting

4. barrettd thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info on Apple's lack of warranty for the iPod.

manitou-

Before I bought my first iPod, I weighed all the other options, and still decided the iPod was the class of its field. Having used one the past 4 months, and having no complaints at all about them, I still feel the same way. I appreciate your suggestions, but I'm stuck on iPod!

BD