iPod was Stolen, Buy new one now or Wait?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by berkleeboy210, Dec 4, 2005.

1. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Hi Gang,

Just got back from NYC, was there for the tree lighting at Rockefeller Center on Wednesday Night. There tons of people and we were shoulder to shoulder, and my iPod Video 30gb was stolen right out of my bag. :eek:

Was wondering if I should run out and buy a new one now, or wait until Macworld and see if anything is updated?

2. iGary Guest

iGary

I wish someone would steal mine so I woul dhave an excuse for a new one.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

You may see price adjustments then or maybe a 40gb/80gb combo.
    Until then, you'll just have to fix that sig of yours. :(

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

get a new one.
    I doubt anything'll be coming out at MWSF.

The new ones are pretty.. new. I don't think they have anything up their sleeves.

What would they add?
    Telekinesis?

edit:
    no, I don't know how telekinesis would work on an iPod, but it'd be pretty cool.
    I was trying to think of the word where it beams music right into your brain.

5. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

last month someone stole my camera, cell phone, and iPod right out of my car at church. :\ But it fell under homeowner's insurance, so I got enough money to replace everything except accessories. I was actually kinda happy about it, besides the inconvenience-- I got to upgrade my cam from 4MP to 8MP, and my iPod from a B&W 4th Gen 20GB to a new 30GB 5th Gen. :D

I'd go ahead and get another 5th gen. They won't release another iPod till next Fall, I suspect. :p

6. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

A few of us around the forums have discussed it, but your whole gun tott'in imagine has us a big scared.

I would say just buy a new one, I doubt youll see any updates.

7. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Another generation perhaps, but we will see either one or two updates to the models in between, (maybe 40/80GB and then even a 20/40/80GB, with the larger ones even slimmer than before). Remember in the 4th gen we had:

• 20/40GB b&w
    • 20/40GB b&w 40/60GB colour
    • 20GB b&w 30/60GB colour
    • 20/60GB colour

8. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

My NYC lives up to the holiday tradition. The time from Thanksgiving to New Years Day represents the most lucrative period for pickpockets. Last week I saw four attractive women from Minnesota on the train and they had pendants around their necks, earrings that really sparkled and bags were sloped over their shoulders. I wonder if they managed to add to the crime statistics during the remainder of their visit.