iPod was stolen

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jer2eydevil88, Oct 10, 2006.

1. jer2eydevil88 macrumors regular

jer2eydevil88

So yeah... My car was broken into on friday and my iPod was stolen from the arm rest that sits between the two bucket seats. They left my broken head unit and made a real mess of the inside of the car.

I am thinking of replacing it with another iPod sometime in the next month or two but I have some questions about the new iPods. I started out with a 4th gen 30gb iPod photo that I sold 2 months ago to buy this 5th gen 30gb model which was stolen. Now that I am again going to be buying a portable music player I am considering going with a Nano over the full sized model. The only thing holding me back was that I played a good ammount of video on my 5th gen while running on machines at the gym.

Does anyone here have the new Nano and want to say a few things about it? What is the battery life on the new Nano?
    What is the battery life on the new iPod?

Do both of them have the new search feature?

If I get a car head unit that worked with the previous generation iPods will it also work with the new one?

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

did you report it to the cops? My dads car got broken in to, and the cops did a full fingerprint dust on it.

battery life on new nano sounds awesome. chances are, if the head unit worked on the old one, itll work on the new one.

3. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

Sorry to hear what happened. A real mess. I just got the 8gb nano, and I love it. Sounds great, and I honeslty love the new search feature. The battery seems to really last as well compared to my 4 Gen iPod. The migration from firewire to usb is noticable-firewire seems to just have more zip- but overall considering the siz and apparent durability-its a great little player with plenty of room for me.

4. jer2eydevil88 thread starter macrumors regular

jer2eydevil88

I live in an extremely poor area just a block from my college, unfortunately there are murderers and rapists caught around here all the time. I don't want to waste the time of the police when its much more likely the guy who took it has already traded it to a dealer for crack. I also needed to drive the car on Saturday for a weekend trip so I would have had to wait an hour or two for the cops to do a report and I would have been unable to have had time to get where I needed to go.

Fortunately I start a new very lucrative job in a month or two and I will be able to afford a new iPod & hopefully a Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro.

Does the new iPod 30gb have a search feature as well?

5. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

New nano's Battery Life is amazing!!!

But id wait for the 6th Gen Ipod if you dont want a nano...

6. jTreu macrumors 6502

yes.

7. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Yeah it is. Official test on my 8 GB is 24 hours and 10 minutes. And so far I haven't charged it in 3 weeks!!! My 2 GB 1G Nano was a once a week charger.