iPod - where is "enable disk use"?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by aquajet, Sep 18, 2006.

1. macrumors 68020

I restored my Shuffle 512mb using iTunes 7. Since then, it will not appear on my desktop and I see no option in iTunes for "enable disk use". Am I missing something?

2. macrumors 68000

It's on the summary tab of the iPod section in iTunes.

Scroll down.

3. Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

4. thread starter macrumors 68020

Ahh, I found it. It seems I didn't notice the scroll bar in the settings tab, and I thought those were the only options available! :rolleyes:

It's the damn interface change that's playing tricks on my eyes.

Attached Files:

5. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't notice at first that there was a vertical scroll there either. My iTunes window was just the right size that the bottom of the window make it look like a complete page. :D

6. macrumors newbie

I can't find it!

Well I feel like an idiot. I can't find it!!!

Would someone please give me more directions?

Thanks

7. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

What kind of iPod do you have?

For the iPod shuffle, you should still just plug in your iPod, select the "Settings" tab, and then look in the "Options" tab. (Remember that you may need to scroll down on the page to find it.)

For other iPods, it should be on the "Summary" tab, in the "Options" section.

8. macrumors newbie

enable disk use is gone!

my computer crashed a few days ago. and i'm trying to get my music from my ipod, to my itunes again. and i've been searching the web and everywhere has said, click enable disk use. and i've even watched videos and where there button is, i have no button! HELP PLEASE!!!![​IMG]

9. macrumors 68040

anflovesmos: That's because your iPod touch isn't capable of disk mode. Older model iPods had to be formatted Mac or PC to work in iTunes. The iPod touch and iPhone avoid this by using the Apple Mobile Device Support drivers to communicate between iTunes and the device. What you need to do is download something like TouchCopy to recover info from the iPod. Also let this be a lesson to backup...computers are mechanical devices, as are hard drives, they will eventually break down after some time...