1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

iPod wins Olympic Gold in Turin

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Feb 20, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors regular

Yes

I meant to bring this up while I was watching the snowboarding events. All the athletes kept reaching into their jackets just before they dropped into the half-pipe. I saw the white wires and wondered if those were in fact iPods they were fiddling with in their jackets.

Pretty cool.

3. macrumors 68030

joepunk

Wait, you can listen to an iPod while you are competing for a medal :confused:

4. macrumors G5

nagromme

And the ancient time-honored sport of snowboarding just got even MORE professional. :)

5. macrumors 6502

I never know what to think about that, if it gets you pumped and isn't an advantage, then great.

6. macrumors 65816

iKwick7

I noticed that too- even during ice skating practices, when the skaters were walking off the ice, I saw a lot of white headphones.

This really doesn't suprise me. Have you ever noticed how many white headphones you will see in a day when at a ski resort? I always rock my shuffle (which I bought for snowboarding and the gym) when I go snowboarding. It does get me to ride a bit different as well- I freestlye a lot more when listening to a laid back song and I get pumped up a bit for jumps when some Led Zep is playing. :)