iPod Xplay Question

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by cypher, Dec 26, 2003.

1. cypher macrumors member

I installed the trial version of xplay and it worked fine and expired after 15 days so about 2 months later i installed the newer trial version and im able to use it put when i try to explore the ipod it shows everything expect the songs..i.e., i can see the albums artisits and playlists but when i open the albums or the play lists i dont see any songs and it says 0 items in the status bar. The main reson i wanted to use xplay was to copy files from the ipod to my computer. So i installed it on my desktop wherexplay was being installed for the first time but no luck here either... cant see the songs

I can use the ipod fine with itunes tho...what to do??????????

2. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

i found i can explore my who iPod by using the terminal plus some Unix Commands .. but i guess you'de have to learn unix commands for that to be a viable solution

sorry man

3. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

revenuee: xplay is for windows, not os x, so learning unix commands does not need to be on his to do list

cypher: perhaps xplay was rewritten a little so it doesn't show the files to protect people from copying music across multiple computers. look around the net a little more and see if there are other shareware/freeware solutions to your problem.

4. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Sorry i keep forgetting that there are Windows users here on the forums ... LOL

5. cypher thread starter macrumors member

Its not that i cant copy yhe songs to my hdd but that i cant even see the songs that are oon my ipod to edit polaylists or to delete songs. Do u think theres a problem with my ipod?

6. Nik_Doof macrumors regular

Imho, off topic i know but use EphPod, free and good :)

I used that up until i switched to Mac

7. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

There should be automatic detection of windows users in these forums, that would then add a red flag, so we could ignore the post...uhhh...i mean reply kindly and helpfully.

8. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

LOL .. .with helpful advice like ... "Buy a Mac"

haha