iPodlibrary.com has "iBooks" for 2nd gen and 3rd gen iPods...

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by MacBytes, May 24, 2004.

1. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

Dec 18, 2003
    Bad choice of name.

When most people hear "iBook" they think about either fruit-colored or white portable computers. Perhaps a better name is in order?
  2. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

Jan 20, 2003
    New York
    podBooks are what it's referred to on the site. although they only have 2, it's a nice start. maybe they should release harry potter 6 on the ipod. it;s going straight to mine anyway.
  3. Golem macrumors 6502

Jun 2, 2003
    I played with this idea a year or two ago when an application came out that allowed you to add a peice of text as a contact. Plain text was easy just split it up and feed it in. But unfortunately in my original Ipod if you have any more than a page or two of text in a contact it scrolls really slowly... Slower than I can read. I then looked in to the documentation of formating text on a ipod with perhaps writing a converter from rtf as I had dozen or so ebooks in the format, Uggh!. In the end I decided haveing a ebook as 200 contacts and with a lot of work to get it formated on a tiny screen was way to hard and Took a laptop on holiday instead:)

Still have a couple of ebooks on my ipod and I still havent read 1 of them.
  4. Doraemon macrumors 6502

Aug 31, 2001
    Europe (EU)
    I think it's a really good idea.

Once they increase the number of available podbooks, I think this could really become big.
  5. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Dec 27, 2002
    Alameda, CA
    I can't decide which is a worse idea: Watching a movie on an iPod, or reading a book on an iPod. :confused:
  6. Doraemon macrumors 6502

Aug 31, 2001
    Europe (EU)
    I don't think it's about books, really.
    From what I understand, it's rather a handy way of having some important (?) facts on the road with you, available whenever needed.

That one podBook for instance is an Apple history/specs book. Imagine being on the road and having to check the specs for some Mac. Instead of having to check it online (which might not be available where you are at that moment), you have it inside your iPod.

I stand by my point: Good idea with great potential.