Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by onlyONE, Jun 23, 2006.

1. onlyONE macrumors member

Jun 14, 2006
    I just got my new iMac today, and am trying to update my iTunes library using iPodRip. I downloaded the file and can see the icon on my desktop...but when I double click on it nothing happens. The icon is a small image of my hard drive on a curled page labled "iPodRip.dmg", and ideas why I can't get the application to install? This also happened with Senuti when I attempted to install it as well...hm...I dunno. I'm a new Mac user, so perhaps I'm going about this all wrong. Thanks guys.
  2. rspeaker macrumors 6502

Jan 1, 2006
    When you double click the .dmg file, a mountable disk should open on your desktop. It looks like a white external harddrive. Click on that, and the app should be in there. Drag the app into your Applications folder, and it's magically installed. It's a lot easier than installing software in Windows, in my opinion.

Welcome to the Mac family. MacRumors is a good resource, it will serve you well to come back.
  3. onlyONE thread starter macrumors member

Jun 14, 2006
    Thanks so much! I was just dragging that little white icon into my applications folder, lol. Didn't realize that when I double clicked I had to drag the application icon from the window and into the Applications folder. It ended up being really simple, thanks for your help.