iPods are now sold at Crutchfield.com

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Dec 1, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors regular

Jul 16, 2002
    wow..free earphones!!

check it out, they include free earphones!

FREE Earbud Headphones — a $7.99 value
  3. macrumors 6502

Nov 5, 2003
    Fargo, ND
    Oh I know that is where I am going to buy it now! He he, I've never heard of this store. Ohh well it is probably big in other places in the nation.
  4. macrumors 68000

May 15, 2003
    San Francisco
    Crutchfield is awesome. I always order from them, or at least use their website for product details. They are very knowledgeable of what they are selling (very rare in consumer electronics these days). I highly recommend them to anyone considering home or auto electronics. You won't be dissapointed.
  5. macrumors 65816

Oct 24, 2003
    Well it just goes to show you how popular the iPod is when more and more retail channels start carrying them.
  6. macrumors 65816

Jan 2, 2002
    DFW, TX, USA
    I believe they are mail order only.
  7. Administrator emeritus

Jun 28, 2002
    North Central Colorado
    Crutchfield is a mail-order-only catalog company which is pretty much THE mail order service for people who are into car stereo customization. They've branched out quite a bit, offering home entertainment pieces, and now the ipod, but they're bread and butter is car stereos.
  8. macrumors member

Jul 23, 2002
    custom kits

The real strength of Crutchfield is their car stereo stuff. They create custom wiring kits for just about every car made.

A possible positive inpact of them selling iPods is that they will work on creating better car stereo-iPod integration kits, like some of the custom things we are already seen on the web. I'm sure that the digital car stereo market is a big reason why they are now carrying iPods. I bet that they do it right.