iPods are now sold at Crutchfield.com

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Dec 1, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors regular

wow..free earphones!!

check it out, they include free earphones!

FREE Earbud Headphones — a $7.99 value

3. macrumors 6502

Oh I know that is where I am going to buy it now! He he, I've never heard of this store. Ohh well it is probably big in other places in the nation.

4. macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Crutchfield is awesome. I always order from them, or at least use their website for product details. They are very knowledgeable of what they are selling (very rare in consumer electronics these days). I highly recommend them to anyone considering home or auto electronics. You won't be dissapointed.

5. macrumors 65816

Well it just goes to show you how popular the iPod is when more and more retail channels start carrying them.

6. macrumors 65816

eric_n_dfw

I believe they are mail order only.

7. Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

Crutchfield is a mail-order-only catalog company which is pretty much THE mail order service for people who are into car stereo customization. They've branched out quite a bit, offering home entertainment pieces, and now the ipod, but they're bread and butter is car stereos.

8. macrumors member

custom kits

The real strength of Crutchfield is their car stereo stuff. They create custom wiring kits for just about every car made.

A possible positive inpact of them selling iPods is that they will work on creating better car stereo-iPod integration kits, like some of the custom things we are already seen on the web. I'm sure that the digital car stereo market is a big reason why they are now carrying iPods. I bet that they do it right.