iPod's Been Stolen :'(

Discussion in 'iPod' started by betty02, Sep 12, 2006.

1. betty02 macrumors regular

betty02

Helping my mate move flat, put my iPod in a box along with other electrical things and valubles such as old mobile phones ( 2 x V3's and a D500) and the delviery men came, picked it all up dropped it all off i asked were the box was he sed he put the small box inside anotehr big box, payed them was unpacking, the bo was nowere to be seen :'(

Ive contacted them saying ill get my solicitor involved etc and rung the police as theres nowere lese it could've gone, and theres nothing they can do they said!

Really upset and not really got the money to fork out for a new one as ive just brought my car!!

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Sorry to hear it.

After today there will be a load of used ones on eBay. Not mention brand new shiney ones from Apple. :D

3. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

That's a shame, and unfortunately common. Well look at the bright side, new iPods are coming out so you can save up and upgrade to something better?

4. dldnh macrumors newbie

can Apple help?

iPods aren't much use without connecting to iTMS... can Apple help recover it?

5. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Why is that? Most of the music on my iPod isn't from iTMS :confused:

6. dldnh macrumors newbie

ask my daughter... everything on her iPod is from iTMS

7. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

But if you stole an iPod you can just trash everything that's from iTMS and just start over fresh, right?

8. dldnh macrumors newbie

oh sure, I'm just thinking maybe there's some kind of serial number that can be noticed during a handshake with iTMS

9. I3roknI3ottle macrumors member

There is, but apple doesn't do anything with the information. There was an article online and in the detroit news about this. I would report the iPod to apple as stolen, incase they ever service the iPod it will come up as stolen.

10. samzack macrumors newbie

I Lost Or Had My Ipod Stolen

Today, I Was On The School Bus, When I Listened To It. I Put It Away In My School Bag Next To Me. When The Bus Dropped A Person Off At The 1t Stop, I Decided To Get Mine Out For The Walk Home. I Searched My Whole Bag And Everything, And It Was Gone. I Emailed The Administration, And I Will Give Them A Little Visit Tomorrow, Along With That Kid Who Got Off, He Is My #1 Suspect. I Haven't Even Told My Parents Yet!!!

11. abeyk macrumors regular

abeyk

iPod losses make me wanna cry :( -hope you get it back