Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ilovereuben

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2015
USA
In our house, there is one desktop computer, one Chromebook, and then my Macbook. Additionally, there are one iPod Touch 4G, one iPhone 5s, and my iPod Touch 5G.
Last night about 1:30 am, both iPods and the iPhone were working fine on the internet... and then, suddenly, none of them would connect. We can see the network, but when anyone tries to join, it says, "Unable to join the network [Network Name]."
So maybe [definitely] Comcast just sucks, right? And their internet is out?
Well, unfortunately it's not that simple. Because all three computers in the house work completely smoothly on this same network. And now it's morning and still, none of the mobile devices will connect but the computers work fine.
Nothing was changed on the wifi settings, or at least, nothing we did. We tried restarting our devices, our router, nothing works.
Please help :[

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
In our house, there is one desktop computer, one Chromebook, and then my Macbook. Additionally, there are one iPod Touch 4G, one iPhone 5s, and my iPod Touch 5G.
Last night about 1:30 am, both iPods and the iPhone were working fine on the internet... and then, suddenly, none of them would connect. We can see the network, but when anyone tries to join, it says, "Unable to join the network [Network Name]."
So maybe [definitely] Comcast just sucks, right? And their internet is out?
Well, unfortunately it's not that simple. Because all three computers in the house work completely smoothly on this same network. And now it's morning and still, none of the mobile devices will connect but the computers work fine.
Nothing was changed on the wifi settings, or at least, nothing we did. We tried restarting our devices, our router, nothing works.
Please help :[

You can try change the wireless encryption to WPA2-PSK, most routers are on WPA Auto by default.

dragon671556

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2013
Delete the connection on the ipod and let it rediscover the network. I have to do that sometimes with my IPT 5. I blame it on the iOS 8.1; my phone or ipod have been the same connecting to WiFi since then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.