iPods Delayed to December?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ASP272, Jun 28, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

ASP272

2. macrumors member

Very interesting ... maybe I will get that 5G afterall

3. macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

Noooo. My birthday was two days ago and my family was getting me an iPod. I told them to wait a few weeks. I don't want to wait a several months.

bah

4. macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

If apple incorporated a changeable backlight intensity users could increase battery life with more or less backlight... nothing difficult about that except a few lines of programming right?

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

ASP272

I think that is what they were talking about in this article - making hardware/software adjustments to increase the battery life. It makes sense with a variable backlight, but they would have to do a lot more to extend the life of a TRUE video iPod battery with a large screen. I wonder what the life of the battery is on one of those other video MP3 players out there?

6. macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

yay, my U2 isnt obsolete just after i bought it :D

7. macrumors 6502a

ijimk

grrr i have been holding out for the next gen video as well and this sux. Recently my ipod photo died and all i have left is my shuffle to hold me over. I really dont know what to do.... GAH!!!!!!!!:mad:

8. macrumors 6502a

See, it's times like these, I'm glad I didn't play the waiting game because the 6G seems to keep getting "delayed" more and more...

9. macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

according to my sources, the codename for the real iPod video is 'Vista'. :rolleyes:

10. macrumors 65816

jholzner

How often are these guys right? I mean really, are they ever correct in their predictions? Apple hasn't announced anything so how can it be delayed? He doesn't cite a source or say he has insider info. It sounds like he's just making stuff up.