iPods, iMac at the Salone Mobile

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lem0n, Apr 8, 2006.

1. lem0n macrumors regular

lem0n

the Salone Internazinale del Mobile is the biggest annual interior design show in the world [I think] that is happening in Milan. So I went there yesterday and the day before [going back today and tomorrow and the day after if I haven't seen everything] All design school in Milan got the days off so we can go and look [except our school :mad: ] but we only hae morning classes, oh well... The furnitures are exquisite... If my kitchen look half as good, I'll be happily cooking [I hate cooking] And the reason why I go in the first place, It's because of their brochures [you know, for graphic design :p] Armani Casa's brochure/invitation is absolutely beautiful [their Christmas fashion show invitation was ugly as hell, looks like fingernails dropped on a black card and I can see the individual pixels, I'm glad they hired a new designer] and the Wallpaper [the magazine] exhibition was so cool... Anyway... back to topic... So, this company have designed something called the "iPod lounge" as you can see below, the sign. All the little "indents" you see are speakers so the whole room is covered with that [the music sounds fabulous] And of course, no proper iPod lounge can be complete without an Apple display ;) as you see in the 2nd picture... And the 3rd picture is the sitting area, complete with skinny table... The thing that look like a mirror, well, it's not a mirror, it's an LCD that is about 2 speaker squares high, I don't know what can you watch on that [visualization??? do you really need a whole screen for that] since it's not really good to watch normal tv on that, is it... and lastly, the iPods... I don't know if you really need 3 for your "iPod lounge" but it looks good with the half submerge thing they got there [sorry for blurry pictures, I want to make sure I get pictures before any guy can run up and say no picture, some displays doesn't let you take picture:mad: not like I wil copy their furniture] The great thing is all these were displayed next to [well, its's in the other "room"] if you look at the iPod picture closely on the left you see another area, it contains 2 authentic Leonardo da Vinci drawings, one of Lena's head and one of another mechanical invention... [this they did not allow me to take picture :p] and that's it, that's their display... do you think thy're comparing iPods to Leonardo's inventions??? :eek: :eek: oh well more next post, they only allow me to upload 5 files at one time

PS: oh yeah, the 4th picture is of the other wall that doesn't hv speaker [probably because of the display to the outside to attract ppl in]

Attached Files:

2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

holy crap was that hard to read. :eek: :rolleyes:

TO OP: No, there not comparing the ipod to the paintings, at least I don't think so. :eek:

3. lem0n thread starter macrumors regular

lem0n

and this is the iMac table [another company, everything is made of glass there... I wish I have an iMac G4, they look so good!!!! >_< and the picture with lots of people... well, can you believe it they're all interior designers :eek: so many... from all over the world, of course some business people too... mostly interior designers and interior magazines press and the number must be 10 times this because i saw plenty were leaving when my train got there and this is a rural area, no one lives around here and the show is trade only, you hv to show identification to prove you're a designer or press or design student to buy a pass and get in... All these designer furnitures that I saw on websites suddenly is right there o_O that was amazing, i want to buy everything!!!! Armani casa look so great with Japanese influence and their guards look like Armani models :rolleyes: Fendi also looks good but more leather and shiny objects... [Do I really need a croc sofa with croc cushions and croc dinner table? I don't think so either...] oh well, it was a good show, coming back.... [I'm so sore from walking and carrying brochures but i have not even covered one section >_<]

So yeah, that's the perks of living in Milan... other than the fashion week when you see models walking everywhere and you see guys with their mouths hang open... [they don't look that spectacular without make up, rather normal, just tall] but that week i was having horrible Semiotics exam so no fashion show for me TT_TT

Attached Files: