iPods on sale at Costco

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by chewedpen, Nov 29, 2004.

1. chewedpen macrumors member

chewedpen

I was not sure if everyone knew this or not but here in Edmonton, Alberta, I was in Costco this weekend and managed to pick my self up a 20GB 4G iPod for $389.99 CDN. I thought that this was a great deal and just wanted to pass this along.

:)

2. TLRedhawke macrumors 6502

That's a dollar more expensive than the educational pricing for a 20GB iPod (Canadian). It's a bold move by Costco, as their cost would be $389 on that. We heard rumours about such a sale (in Toronto), but weren't worried because we (Apple Higher Education Reseller) sell them for the same price, and actually make money.

3. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Curious -- was this an Apple iPod or an HP iPod? From what I understand, Costco only sells the Apple iPods online, though they sell the HP iPods in store (this is the case in the States, anyway).

4. chewedpen thread starter macrumors member

chewedpen

5. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

i also saw the ipod mini at the laval costco for 2 dollars more then that of the education price

aethier

6. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Hmm, I could have sworn that my local Costco (Northern California) only had the HP iPods for sale. They also had a sign up for the minis but aren't they Apple only? I'm confused.

7. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

We have a Costco around here and I have an interest in picking up an old 1G/5 for my brother, if they have it for about a hundred bucks or less. Do you think I could find that ANYWHERE new?