iPod's Shipping (20 gig)

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Timothy, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Timothy macrumors 6502

Jan 2, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    I ordered my 20 gig iPod the day it was announced...and I just received notice from Apple that it will ship tomorrow. So, that should get it to me by Tuesday.

Just thought some of you may be interested to know this...
  2. Soma_Addict macrumors member

Mar 31, 2002

they actually sent you an email saying they will be shipping it? i have dealt with apple quite afew times and they have never sent me an email before they actually ship the item, only when it actually ships, and then again when they have obtained a tracking number for the package.

i too ordered a 20 gig iPod. I ordered it on the morning of the 17 of july, right when the online apple store listed it. i havent gotten any yet emails.

oh well, i am happy for you. i hope mine will ship soon too. I need to receive mine before friday or i might have to cancel the order. lets hope my next day air shipping will pay off.
  3. Timothy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 2, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Coming from Taiwan...

I said it will "ship tomorrow" because the message I received last night listed 8/3/02...

But, upon further examination, it appears to have shipped yesterday. But, it shipped from Taiwan, which is 1 day ahead of me. So, I received the message on 8/2/02 saying it had "shipped" but listing the ship date of 8/3/02.

So, it is already in transit via FedEx.
  4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

Jun 25, 2001
    Moneyapolis, Minnesota
    actually...usually it will say it was shipped, but fed ex doesn't receive any information on their website until the next business day
  5. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

Mar 15, 2002
    Winter Park, FL
    A couple days ago I called Apple and a girl there told me 2-3 weeks :(, but just today I too just learned I would receive it by next Wednesday! :) I just hope that my remote functions properly as the as been a reoccurring problem on the MacWorld threads...

On a different note, I like the name Soma_Addict. Is that referring to the drug in Brave New World (one of my all-time favorite books) or the song by The Strokes? ;)

6. Soma_Addict macrumors member

Mar 31, 2002
    goog job

billiam0878: very good. i think that in the 4 or 5 years that i have been using this online handle extensivly that you are the only person to actually know what the heck it is from. brave new world is also one of my favorite books of all time.

darn, i cant believe that everyone else is getting their iPod now. mine still hasnt shipped. maybe the official release date is on tuesday or wenesday and so they wont ship mine until the day before, cause of the next day delivery....alright, thats pushing it i know. abit of wishful thinking on my part.

anyway, i noticed yesterday on macfixit that there are other reports of people recieving theirs. even someone bought one at an apple store.