iPods warranty. - is it worldwide?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rob_ppmax, Jan 25, 2004.

1. rob_ppmax macrumors newbie

Jan 15, 2004
    Probably going to buy an ipod in NY because its far cheaper than England. I would just like to know if the warranty is worldwide?, can I return it to apple UK if it breaks? Or do I have to send it to NY?

If anyone in America could read their warranty terms on their ipod, i would be most grateful.
  2. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

Mar 19, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    1. Go to apple.com,
    2. Click on support,
    3. Click on Applecare,
    4. Click on "Applecare protection plan for iPod",
    5. Click on "Applecare protection plan for iPod datasheet" (Top right hand corner),
    6. Go to section 10 General Terms, subsection e: "This Plan is offered and valid only in the United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada. This Plan is not available in Florida or where prohibited by law. Service under the Plan, however, is available globally."

In my opinion this means you can only purchase this plan in the States but having done so, service is available Globally.

3. TEG macrumors 604

Jan 21, 2002
    Langley, Washington
    WHY in the world is Apple Care illegal in Florida?

<sarcasm> I guess it goes to show you that Florida is the source of all evil, according to Adam Corolla</sarcasm>

4. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    florida has a statute that deals with warranties and defective products and supercedes warranties of comapnies i thnk
  5. gotohamish macrumors 65816

Jul 15, 2001
    Re: iPods warranty. - is it worldwide?

Yes, any apple product with an external power supply has a worldwide warranty.

I bought by iPod in the US, and registered the serial number, and got replacement headphones in the UK.