IPTV & the 360 (seperate thread guys)

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Jan 8, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Are you wondering how IPTV will look on the 360, and the coincidence of the bigger HDD and HDMI enabled console. Finally the picture is clear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think its fair to say that Microsoft are really on the ball with the 360. They have brought loads of innovations to the console market.

From a power button on your controllers to turn your console on/off, to Xbox Live online experience, to Marketplace & Live Arcade, To HiDef movie rentals, and now to Internet TV.

The next person to say that only Nintendo offer inovation should be slapped. ;)

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

well. I should expect nothing less from the worlds most money laden company! They have really improved on the original Xbox.
    My constant download speed is either 25 or 60kbps so a TV service like this is pointless to me. However (like I mentioned in the other thread) stick in an EyeTV style receiver into the 360 and an aerial port and then you're talking. Infact - I'd certainly use that over my iMac and EyeTV for TV watching.

They really need a IP Radio thing. Rival DAB that would. Imagine playing actual radio stations ingame? That would be fantastically innovative.

... What PS3?

3. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

i have to say the interface looks pretty nice

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

I thought that for a good while. Surely adding radio stations especially internet radio stations to the music section wouldnt be too hard to implement. But seeing as they are really going the multi-media online route it's probably only a matter of time.

5. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

This is very nice, and a smart way to get a set-top box in the mainstream household.

Rather then starting out as a media box, they jump into the much bigger gaming market, and then just keep adding features that will attract more and more people.

With some of these features, I could see people start buying 360s just for TV/DVR functionality and perhaps to use video chat. Those casual people could be likely to buy Arcade games rather then plunking down $50 for a full retail game.

I just wish MS would realize that the way they use these MS points can really be a deterant for consumers. I'd probably buy 2 games at $5/ea faster then I'd spend $6.25 for enough points to buy one. If they would just put actual prices and let me buy using micro-transactions they would have a friendly system - and get more sales out of me. If I want to rent a movie I have to put in $6.25 minimum, rather then just being able to make a one-time rental purchase.

Maybe they will wise up as they enter more main-stream consumer electronics. If I had to purchase a minimum amount of Apple Points(tm) in order to buy a $0.99 song, they wouldn't get nearly as many impulse purchases. **sigh**

6. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Agree with you completley on price. Just tell us the friggin cost and allow us to charge just the one item to our CC. Its like going into a shop. Picking up a CD for €13 and get to the counter for the cashier to say. Sorry but you have to spend €15 minimum and we'll keep the €2 just in case you want to spend it in the future. grrrrrrrr. :mad:

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

But hey, going off Microsofts performance over the past year if something is broke and enough people cry out - they'll fix it! Theres a lot of call and answering going on with the 360. A lot of later date improvements. Much better than cutting them, *looks at Wii and PS3*