ir reciever as sensor bar for wii on imac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by speakerwizard, Jan 1, 2007.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

just a thought, but would the ir reciever act like the sensor bar or even the led for the isight for that matter? i may have to give it a go tomorrow as im off to bed now

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I have heard that putting a candle on either side of it works? No idea though don't own a wii to give it a shot.

3. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

It wont work,

The sensor bar , despite its name, doesnt sense but has Infra-red emitters on it which is how the remote senses the movement as well as using its accelerometers

The wiimote has the IR receiver

You can prove this by unplugging the sensor bar and getting any old tv/hifi remote and make it constantly emit IR by holding a button down on itand point it towards the wiimote, the wiimote will then work.

you could also prove that the sensor bar is the EMITTER by getting a camera phone or digi cam and point it at the sensor bar, you should see a light emitting from it then as the camera turns it into visible light

As for using candles,i guess its possible they could emit infra red, try it and see!

4. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Yeah thats the idea at least. The candle are suppose to emit enough infra red that it make the remote work. Now who knows if it actually works. I really want to know if this works. So post if it does!:D

5. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

6. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Lol! We could have a whole forum dedicated to just the Wii.