iracisble ipod

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by kevinuaa, Apr 3, 2005.

1. kevinuaa macrumors member

So i've had a 4g ipod for a few months, but today is the first day i tried to use the USB cord, as I left my firewire cord at my friend's house.
    when i plugged it in, Mac OS X.3.9 said that the disk was unrecognizable and wanted to initialize it. I ignored, couldn' eject and removed it from the dock.
    now it's trying to restart itself but the black apple blinks and then restarts again (I think). Any tips on how to save the data on it?
    (tried to repair on disk utility)
    thanks,

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

try using an ipod software update, and choose restore. This shoudl git her dun. Also, what the heck does iracisble mean???

3. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

i think he meant erasable.

prolly no way to save data, sorry.

4. microrario macrumors member

If you looked in a dictionary, which would have taken no more than 10 seconds, you would have seen that it means:

"marked by hot temper and easily provoked anger"

A better question is whether or not he used it correctly.

Furthermore, isn't it hypocritical to insinuate his spelling is wrong when you yourself phrased the sentence "This should get her done" as "This shoudl git her dun"?

5. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

ok, i admit, i though it was a horrendous butchering of a word- that's my mistake. And do you actually think i was serious with "git her dun"? Satire, man... it was not my intent to ruin your day.

back to the topic of the thread.... if you do indeed choose to restore the iPod, it will be erased. Have you tried again with the firewire cord? If neither cord work, you might be stuck. Also, if you use the iPod software updater, you might be able to salvage it just by using the "Update iPod" option.... it's a long shot, but it's better than not trying. good luck!

6. kevinuaa thread starter macrumors member

perhaps anthropomorphizing the iPod is not a good idea, but a lot of people attribute human characteristics to their ipods. And yes, I think working one second, being plugged in and then going haywire counts as "easily provoked anger;" it is showing its anger toward me by not working.

7. microrario macrumors member

Heheh.

8. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

10.3.9 ????????? how's that work ? typo