Iran is Next?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Durandal7, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...stop.html&secureRefresh=true&_requestid=43073
    And here I was thinking Syria was the next in line.

Also of note, President Bush will address the nation on Sunday.

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

now i'm wondering if the real motivation behind the new security council resolution is to free up some US troops for an invasion of iran.

3. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

It would seem to be that way.

In fact one of the factors behind the whole Iraq invasion is to establish a massive military precense in the Middle East to assualt Syria and Iran.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

so colin powell is played for the fool once again. he should give bush a bag of pretzels and resign.

5. meta-ghost macrumors regular

Iran next?

it seems that at the time we attacked iraq this was the plan. a few hundred thousand troops centrally located so we could point our finger around and say "hey, do what we say...". iran and syria were with out question at the top of the list. but today it's much different. the chaos in iraq has led washington to contemplate desperate measures. united nations participation after we risk our troops? come on.

coming up with a way for letting iraq rule itself seems to be the big effort now. guess what? in order for that to happen, the cooperation of the shiites is critical. guess what? they are close to iran's rulers. guess what? the nuclear issue in iran is not even a remote worry in washington. iran wants a dominate role in iraq and they will be willing to shelve nuclear ambitions for it. why else give the un a tour of the facilities other than to verify the bargaining chip? they are looking to increase their influence in the region and bush has his hands tied.

look for iran and the us to be closer not further. it's all behind the scenes.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

say what you may but we dont need any of these fanatics getting the bomb, bottom line,no double talk, no spin, no politics just matter of fact.

7. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I agree we don't need fanatics getting the bomb. My problem is that we may already have one sitting in Washington with access to thousands of them.