Iran says no to Nuclear Energy

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Dont Hurt Me, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Well it looks like the world leaders offered Iran Free Nuclear Plants and material to fuel them. Irans answer is No! I have said it before but here it is again, Iran was never after energy sitting on all that oil. Its allways been about building the big one thats the true goal. Ok George start the bombing we gave them a chance and they said No. Here's the article http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/02/us.iran/index.html

2. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

The link didn't work for me :confused:

3. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Um, Bush said that to come to the negotiating table Iran would have to suspend all activity. Isn't that kind of putting the cart before the horse?

"First, do what we demand, then we'll negotiate!"

This last offer was planned to fail. I can't believe everyone's going along with it with a straight face. Fortunately, we've already got 130,000 troops there for when we invade.

Fun, fun, fun in the sun, sun sun.

5. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

where does it say we would give them free nuclear power? where does it reveal any of the bargaining chips??

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

7. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

It didnt that was me adlibbing:rolleyes:

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

9. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

How about some alternatives? This president of Iran is as nutty as Hitler. Hitler only understood 1 thing and that was getting his ass kicked, short people.:rolleyes:

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Yes, we can have Nuclear weapons but they can't seems far right?:rolleyes: Honestly humans are not smart enought to use Nuclear power, the cons out weight the pros. The best plan....

Everyone give Nuclear bombs to the UN so they can use them AFTER the UN says its ok, so it will only be used when it really needs to be..example is a Country got Nuclear Bombs and start to bomb everyone.

As for Nuclear Power.. we should start and use other alternative energy sources inplace of Nuclear Energy so noone can use the smokescreen of wanting energy, and then really making Bombs.

But chances are that won't happen in my life.. if ever

11. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

First sensible thing I've heard all day...

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

How would we coerce lesser nations into giving us permanent seats on the UNSC without being able to flatten them?

14. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I can hear it now - when nuclear weapons are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuclear weapons...

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You really want to go through this again? I don't know what's going on with Iran, and I won't pretend to, but I can't say bombing them is the only sensible answer. Far from our first option. But hey, it worked on people once, looks like it's working again.

16. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

Nukes can be Bush's pretend goal for the next war. I did like his apology on not finding any WMD in Iraq though.

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Are you being sarcastic? When did that happen? Must have missed it.

18. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Do you want them to have the bomb? They don't call the US the Great Satan for nothing.

19. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Great Satan, Axis of Evil: what's the difference?

20. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

The powers that be supposedly knew what they were doing when 3 Mile Island and Chernobyl were built.

Even if todays designs for peaceful use of nuclear energy are safer, this
    in no way guarantees that Iran would be able to control the beast that nuclear
    energy harnesses.

Imagine the security implications for safe disposal of nuclear waste in a country where smuggling and bribery are a way of life.

We do have just cause for concern even if we don't have the right to dictate
    what another sovern nation can do.

21. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

No, but i don't think we should have any either..like i said give them to the UN for safety reason, so if any "crazy" country gets nuclear bombs were screwed.

22. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I really think some govts and many Tyrants only understand one thing, and that is Force. Just look at Saddam? all he had to do was listen to the U.N. He would not,over and over so there he was living in a spider hole and now behind bars. People like Saddam only understand one thing. Overwhelming force. Iran may be just the same. You can give these guys every incentive,carrots etc but in the end they are what they are and want what they want. Tyrants dont care about people, we have seen it in Hitler, Saddam and many others throughout history. Im 100% against the proliferation of these weapons and if we have to bomb Iran so they understand this then so be it. We are giving them every chance to turn away and yet they dont want to.

23. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

Why not finish up in Iraq first? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I always find it amusing to see so-called democracies (notice plural) bully other small countries into doing what said democracies feel is good for said democracies (and screw the small country). :p :rolleyes:

24. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

You're absolutely right about some people respecting nothing but force, but there's more to it. Unless we actually resorted to using a nuclear weapon (without qualification I do not advocate that), just about any threat we make these days is virtually empty. There is no incentive for Iran to comply at the moment because even if we were to march in the troops and create another mess, they know we'd spend the next decade cleaning it up for them, just like we're trying to do now in Iraq.

25. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Unlike all those countries which have nuclear power already, you mean?