Iran threatens US/UK with suicide bombers

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jadam, Apr 16, 2006.

1. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Hey! Us Brits are supposedly staying out of this one according to Blair. That's so not fair!

*orders in plenty of baked beans and hides under sofa*

3. calculus Guest

calculus

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Heh... yeah. Two regimes with low poll numbers, looking to shore up their shabby domestic credentials with some nationalistic fervor. Unfortunately it's a self-reinforcing bad situation.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Bingo.

Doomed.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Well in Israel its started again , suicide bombers murdering whoever they can. Hamas is in charge and getting funded by Iran so here we go again. A terrorist sponsoring state on the verge of nuclear weapons.

7. UKnjb macrumors 6502a

UKnjb

You're right! That's what I heard - nothing to do with us. Oh no!!!! It's all going VERY wrong.

*and hey!!!! Those are my beans! And please get your foot out of my ear. There's not enough space behind here*

8. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

I don't know whether Iran is doing themselves a favor seeming like loonatics while the world is afraid of them having atomic weapon material...

9. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Yup

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1850947

So damn glad we cut funding to those bastards.

10. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I bet we are still paying for it, just added it to the cost of oil.:(

12. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

lose, lose situation...I'd rather have the US not giving them money.

13. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Suicide bombers are pussies. Sorry, but they are. Take me on. hell, bring a Gun, I'll bring a knife and a bullet proof vest.

Iran, unfortunately, I think is something we're going to have to tread lightly with, or nuke the living hell out of them.

I see no good coming from either. :(

14. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Whichever we're going to choose we'll be regretting it.

15. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    Every nation, when threatened, uses what military force they have....be it stealth bombers or suicide bombers. we rattle our sabers, they rattle theirs.

How is what Iran is saying so different from Bush saying that his administration is considering all options. Or Cheney basically making violent threats towards Iran during his public speeches.

And besides, we're fighting the terrorists in Iraq so we don't have to fight them in other parts of the world...right?

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

So what? Iran is defending themselves. The exact same reason we nuked Japan, the exact same reason we went to Afghanistan (and Iraq if you're an idiot).

Does Bush and all the other people for atacking Iran not expect them to retaliate and think they'll just sit on their asses and allow Bush to do what he wants? They're preparing to defend themselves, the exact same thing the US has done many, many times.

17. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Some of you don't get it. Iran is actually denying Israel the right to exist and says it is headed towards extinction in the same breath as they say they recruit suicide bombers and are creating weapon grade plutonium.
    Now when has Israel threatened Iran the last time? If my country were to be threatened this way I'd be kind of nervous if I lived in Israel.

18. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    The difference is, even though that innocents have been caught in the war in Iraq, we're not TRAGETING them, unlike these Islamic Radicals.... They will blow up a diner, a theater, a mall, a sporting event. All in the name of Allah.

The US has always been for the Convetional Rules of War. Whether there were minor groups who killed innocents because of their insanity/stupidity in previous and current wars isn't as bad as an entire Military force designed to do so.

This also doesn't mean I think the War in Iraq is a good thing, but there are rules to War, and Islam does not follow these rules.

Either way we are screwed. If we Nuke them, sure, we wipe them out and all of these bombers out, but than a good portion of Muslims will take over where these people failed (not to mention the vast loss of innocent lives). And if we don't? Then there's 40,000+ suicide bombers out there, and Iran Nukes someone.

America, rather, the presidents since Reagan, have pushed America into a corner...

19. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

really? news to me. i think you're wrong.

20. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Do you really think they're just producing it for energy? :rolleyes:
    That's the same thing Pakistan, India and North Korea said when they started. What should be different about Iran. They may not yet be doing it but I imagine they are only one or two years away from it.

21. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

don't roll your eyes at me, mr. i-don't-know-my-facts. iran is enriching uranium, not creating plutonium.

unless you've got a reputable, verifiable link that says otherwise.

oh: :rolleyes:

22. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

It's only a small step from there. And I wasn't trying to imply that they are already doing it although it sounded like it. But they are on the road to that, which is what everyone is worried about.
    Oh and :rolleyes: :p

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

We're all "on the road" to something or other: since when was that reason enough to ban travel?

24. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Little boy was made from enriched uranium, what more do you need? I miss your point.

25. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

You mean you shall let people on their way to murder other people travel? ;)

It's not like we don't know what is going to happen, we have enough examples. EVERY country using atomic energy has atomic bombs or will soon in that case. So it is just a matter of time with Iran. Now combine that with the threats that Iran is dishing out and the support of terroristic regimes and you have yourself the predicament we find ourselves in. Or at least the ones that don't think the world is all nice and pink. :p