Iraq first, N. Korea next - threatens to destroy Earth!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by peter2002, Dec 23, 2002.

1. macrumors 6502

Merry freakin' Christmas! Next year, Armageddon is coming. Iraq will be destroyed, as well as half the middle east including "the Holy land".

North Korea will be next. They have reactivated their nuke program and will have nukes in 3 months. Today in their state run newspaper, the N. Korean government threatens to "destroy the Earth". Gosh, not even Sadam nor Osama didn't say something as stupid as this.

I hope you don't live in Hawaii or the west coast because you will be toast by next Christmas. N. Korea has missles that can reach as far as the west coast.

Merry X-Mas,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/korea/article/0,2763,865094,00.html

Pete

2. macrumors 68020

alex_ant

This will be a good thread. Merry Xmas!

3. macrumors newbie

Armageddon Odds Board

Which country will precipitate Armageddon?

Current odds:

United States 4:1
    North Korea 6:1
    Iraq 8:1
    Russia 12:1
    China 15:1
    Great Britain 45:1
    France 1500:1
    Malta 1500000000:1

Please feel free to add your best guess.

You do not have to be present to win.

Oh, who am I kidding, we're all going to be present.

4. macrumors 68000

topicolo

what about Klingons? I'd give a 10:1 chance :)

5. job
    macrumors 68040

job

What about the Borg? ;) :p

6. macrumors 6502

"What about the Borg?"-Hitman
    You mean mircosoft????

bill gates 1:15.7893

7. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Um, no. North Korea doesn't have weapons that can reach the west coast. They do, however have weapons that can reach Hawaii.

Here is another link.
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/east/12/24/nkorea.us.nukes/index.html

Personally, I think it is time to just whip that ass over there. Bring them back to reality. Not the people, just the government. Then go in and keep those people over there from starving.

8. macrumors 6502a

They will destroy earth. rotfl :D
    I expected more dramatic, and faster end of the world... nuclear war is boring :D

9. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

well,
    All out nuclear exchange between the US and Russia, yea, that would do it for the world. Having to use a few tactical nukes on N. Korea. Na, just destory one country.

10. macrumors 68000

mcrain

Destroy one country, not to mention all of our collective souls. I'm not a religious person at all, but if we go and nuke anyone, we'll all be damned to hell. There is just no reason I can think of that any rational person would believe that it was ok to nuke anyone else.

I'm sure there are circumstances where it is tactically or strategically necessary, but I certainly hope we never get to that point.

BTTM, I think the world of you and our disagreements, but talking so flippantly about using nukes is a little scary. :eek:

On a brighter note, this is my first Christmas/Holiday Season without my spouse. Bah Humbug.

11. macrumors 68000

agreenster

This is truly getting rediculous.

People dont want war, governments do. Human lives are like pawns to them.

12. macrumors 6502a

I just hope you americans wont elect Bush another time.. If you do, ENTIRE PLANET will be destroyed!! That man is crazy, he just wants to bomb someone.
    He has much bigger impact on world then US (except he screwed up your economy).

I liked Clinton a lot, he was always searching for peaceful solutions. He was a good man!

13. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Mcrain, a lot of that was tounge in cheek. I do not think lightly of it, but if they do it to us first, then wax them. Sorry, but I do feel that way.

As for Mega. Seriously, I love how you continue to pass judgement on our President from so far away. How you know the man so well, especially through the media of Eastern Europe. Bush wants to protect the welfare of the people of the US, and our allies. Like it or not, that is the first priority of government. To protect. As for Clinton. Searching for a peaceful solution? No, a lot of people view the way in which he conducted the military opperations of the country during his tenure to be cowardace. A good man, don't even get me started!

14. macrumors 68000

mcrain

Originally posted by Backtothemac
    Mcrain, a lot of that was tounge in cheek. I do not think lightly of it, but if they do it to us first, then wax them. Sorry, but I do feel that way.

I know a lot of what you said was tongue in cheek, but you have to admit that the part that wasn't tongue in cheek was a bit scary.

As for Mega. Seriously, I love how you continue to pass judgement on our President from so far away. How you know the man so well, especially through the media of Eastern Europe.

Actually, most of us here don't know him, or what he is doing, very well. This has to be the most secretive administration ever. They refuse to answer questions, divulge information, and Bush Jr's advisors keep him on a really tight leash when it comes to newsconferences and interviews (he isn't the most gifted public speaker, and has a tendency to make gaffes that affect the economy, politics, national security).

Bush wants to protect the welfare of the people of the US, and our allies. Like it or not, that is the first priority of government. To protect. As for Clinton. Searching for a peaceful solution? No, a lot of people view the way in which he conducted the military opperations of the country during his tenure to be cowardace. A good man, don't even get me started!

What I think we need to do is start an investigation of President Reagan to see whether he boffed any of his interns. I wonder what we would see in the videotaped deposition of Reagan right now. Heck, he wasn't all there during his presidency, yet, conservatives love to say how wonderful he was. Clinton was mentally there, he cared, he tried, and the country was in pretty good shape. He wasn't a bad president. Yeah, he got a hummer, so what. The only thing I'm surprised about is that he wasn't having the Secret Service make the arrangements with some 'professionals.'

15. macrumors 68020

Re: Armageddon Odds Board

Yes, but will we win?;)

16. macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Korea's Nukes

Regardless of what any North Korean official will tell you, North Korea doesn't present a major threat to Earth as they now stand. Right now, they are estimated to have about 3 or 4 nukes. The plutonium they aquire from their reactor will only be enough to allow them to build [at most] 3 more. If we look back to the United States at the beginning of it's nuclear age, it's atomic weapons weren't very powerful. I think they were somewhere in the range of 50 kilo-Tons. Since North Korea is at the beginning of it's nuclear age, it is reasonable to assume that North Korea's nukes are similar to the USA's early nukes.

Hundreds of thousands of lives may be in jeopardy, but that certainly doesn't present a threat to the entire world.

If I were an American, I would be more worried about a dirty bomb going off in my neighbourhood than I would be about getting hit by a nuclear missile from North Korea. I just don't think North Korea has the technology or financial resources to build such advanced weapons. Dirty bombs are easier to make, easier to smuggle, and cheaper than full-blown nuclear missiles. They also have much worse long-term effects.

Personally, I think Korea is bluffing about being able to "destroy the earth" and "mete out determined and merciless punishment to the U.S.". They just want more treaties, and want to be taken seriously.

However, if they were going to attack the U.S., they would most likely do it while the U.S. is distracted by a war in Iraq. It is the most logical and most devastating time to attack in the foreseeable future.

Also, don't expect the United States to launch a nuclear attack first. The international backlash would be far too great, especially if the Bush Administration keeps all the details about it secret.

Merry Christmas :rolleyes:

17. macrumors 68000

agreenster

I think it has more to do with Bush Sr. didnt finish the job, and W thinks he needs to wipe out his fathers enemies. Its simply a global family feud.

What a waste

18. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm thinking before we actually get to Amageddon - the Atlanteans will rize up out of the Atlantic and guide us all to peace on earth.....

What is up with these posts peter2002? :rolleyes:

Have to start calling you chiken little....

D

19. macrumors newbie

Re: Korea's Nukes

I do not foresee North Korea Doing anything as stupid as using a Nuclear Weapon (via Missile or Terrorist) against the United States or U.S. Interests. If it were proven that they had done so, do you think any one (China, Russia OR the UN) would threaten war with the United States to stop a retaliatory response (One that could very well include low yield Nuclear Weapons)? They would not and North Korea knows this. Their Nuclear Weapons program has been made public for one reason and one reason only, to get press coverage of their small, collapsing government in hopes of somehow shoring it up.

20. macrumors P6

wdlove

I agree with hotFusion, N. Korea is an economy in collapse. For the time being this is a very serious poker game for diplomats! Using fiery words to the US "will fight to the end." They end may be near, due to the state of theur economy!

21. macrumors 6502

Korea? No... No means of delivery for nukes. No money.

They have more vital interests than to destroy the glorious USA, the pillar of world Democracy, the symbol of Freedom... Ghm...

Kim Chen Ir wants to stay the leader of the country, so he is shouting that kind of stuff -- to make it clear that others have to deal with him. At the same time, he desperately tries to make his country a participant in some economic projects.

Ridiculos threats. But I think that US government will take them seriously ...

22. macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Right on!

hotFusion:

Exactly! Although it is a possibility that they may intend to use nuclear weapons against the U.S., doing so would be an amazingly stupid mistake. If the communists want to stay in power in N. Korea, nuking the United States should be the last thing on their list of things to do.

23. macrumors newbie

Re: Armageddon Odds Board

Well Sweden won´t. We have had peace for nearly 200 (two hundred) years. Much better than war, you know.

;)

And it´s not very "mac-ish" to think war. Think diffrent America, think diffrent

24. macrumors P6

wdlove

The North Korean nuclear threat is increasing. They have a TD-2 missile program. Iran & libya also have similiar program. DOD is working on a missile defense system in Alaska to prevent their attacking the US, due to be completed by late 2004 or early 2005! North Korea is using it politcal pressure as a ploy

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20021101-11616336.htm

Sec. Rumsfeld thinks the US could defends itself against both Iraq & North Korea!

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/25/international/asia/25KORE.html?todaysheadlines

25. macrumors G4

skunk

Plenty of Americans in S Korea and Japan.