Iraq Forums??

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by penguinman, Feb 22, 2006.

1. penguinman macrumors member

penguinman

Does anyone know of any forums where people from Iraq post??

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

1) How bizarre :confused:
    2) Why on earth did you post this in Current Events?? :rolleyes:

Moving thread...

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Wow i was drink some Iced Tea, looked at your "tar, and almost spit it out! Its freaky!

4. penguinman thread starter macrumors member

penguinman

What do you mean why on earth did i post this in current events? the affairs in Iraq are current..

why is it bizarre to want to communicate with the "terrorists"??? We live in the year 2006.. the internet is a substantial source for social cohersion.. I'm sick of hearing about all this ******** politics through the news wires, I want to talk to real Iraq people like we are here in this forum.. I would think something like this would be popular by now..

expand your miiinnndd..

5. sprstu macrumors member

sprstu

well, I would think that most Iraqis dont speak english. I may be wrong, as most of the world does speak more english than we do other languages. so i dont think you would see anyone from the middle east on too many English based web sites. where they post, i dont know, sorry.

6. jcarm24 macrumors regular

jcarm24

I'm really hoping you put terrorists in quotes because you DON'T think the Iraq people are terrorists.

7. penguinman thread starter macrumors member

penguinman

yeah..

Yeah I assume that the college educated youth of Iraq would know english.. but I didnt think about the idea of them having a forum speaking english with eachother.. it would be fantastic to have a forum of well educated people talking from both countries.

i googled some keywords and i found forums of absurd comments made by ignorant passive aggressive americans, thats far from what i want!

8. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Mostly, I guess, because Current events is for news posts... your post had no news in it...

9. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I have a feeling this thread may not have reached it's final destination yet...

10. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

11. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Current Events is for current news stories, asking where you can talk to Iraqis isn't a current event :rolleyes:
    Wow.

12. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

try this

13. FireArse macrumors 6502a

heh

I'm Iraqi by blood, but I've lived in London all my life. I speak both English and Arabic.

F

14. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Ha! I love the graphic.

To the OP -- here's a Blog Site that might be a good start and/or lead you in a productive direction.

15. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

On National Public Radio (NPR) They had a story about people in the US military who are blogging from over in Iraq. These blogs are full of insight into the situation over there. Unfortunately they didn't give any links to the blogs. I'd love to read those if anyone can dig up some links.

On another note a good friend of mine works in Omaha, Nebraska doing background checks for the US Military. In the past 2 years he has had to interview many soldiers who have recently returned from Iraq. My friend is from a multi-generation military family and is very pro-military and used to be pro-Bush. He said that these interviews have been brutal. These guys are coming back very emotionally messed up and all of them have been saying the roughly same thing - "nobody in charge has any idea of what we're doing, why we're there or when we'll be out." Very depressing. There also seems to be a general consensus among these soldiers that the Iraqi people are getting frustrated with us occupying their country and that the good will we had gained after capturing Saddam is now gone. Also, the number of severely wounded (meaning mutilated for life) that he has had to interview has been staggering.