Iraq Rebuilding Badly Hobbled, U.S. Report Finds

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 23, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And here I thought Bush told us he was a 'Reformer With Results'...

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Anybody else think we just made things worse?

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Civil war is coming to Iraq, facts are facts and these people hate and they even hate each other. Billions down the drain, thousands dead, many more limbless, social security drained to build bombs, president still wont admit he was wrong, will he ever? Going into Iraq was a mistake. In the end we screwed up ,they want to be Islamic before they want to be Iraqi and that means Jihad and more war. Temples being blown up is just the start.

5. tristan macrumors 6502a

Clinton's Iraq strategy of the containment was the correct one - establish no-fly zones and monitor oil exports. Bush has blown it. His failure to keep the spice flowing... oops, did I say spice? I meant oil... has led to the current sky-high prices and general instabililty.

I'm definitely interested in the report, but I also know that it won't go anywhere in a republican congress. The Republicans basically have a political lock, and if you don't like it, tough, suck it up - until Jan '07 if we're lucky, Jan '09 most likely, or Jan '13 worst case.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Ever notice how many bad reports about the Bush administration contain a paragraph like this one?

It's almost as if the White House, upon seeing or hearing about the preliminary results, called these guys to threaten them.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

There won't be a Jan '13. The world ends Dec. 2012. Self fulfilling prophesies et al.

But yeah, Civil War coming in Iraq. We can't stay, we can't leave. This is just like my last relationship, which also ended very badly. Except, you know, less people dying and all.

Almost forgot: link.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The killing goes on, bring home the troops and piss on the mideast and its fanatics, but no Bush and the republican rich guys are hell bent towards globalization at the cost of diluting America so much we cant even acknowledge our borders or ports. You aint going to rebuild anything with this going on. We are loosing our own soldiers everyday for what? so we can install a Iraqi theocracy ? what a waste of money and men. All you people who voted George for a 2nd term must feel like a pile of used donkey fodder. I know i felt like a pile after voting for the clown the first term. It will be a long long time before i ever consider a republican for anything. I long for the days of Bill Clinton though i never voted for him, at least he could represent us the people most of the time and he knew what a veto pen was used for. Bush has never used a veto:mad:

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

He's seeing how many promises he can break. He's looking for a spot in guinness.

e

10. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

for a second I thought you would link to a picture of your old partner's corpse...

11. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Is anyone even surprised by this anymore? We can't even get our act together enough to rebuild New Orleans, much less trying to rebuild an entire country on the other side of the world....

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

The only surprise is that anybody thought you could.

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

2,286 Dead American soldiers so we could create a theocracy or at the very least a civil war??? Social Security drained and Billions of US tax dollars for this? This society of fanatical cartoon haters needed a Saddam to keep it under control.

14. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

damn, DHM...you know it's not what you say so much as how you say it...no diplomatic career for you...

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Nope, she's still alive as far as I know. More than I can say for all those soldiers just trying to do their jobs. How was that for a segue?

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

You are so right, i should see those million shades of grey rather then black and white. I like being blunt with no spin. Iraq will never be rebuilt with all of this going on. Meanwhile we are loosing men, and billions for a civil war. I wonder how much more the republicans will rob from social security so they can throw it away in the fanatic land.

17. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Lol, No kidding huh! It's why I like him though, 'specially since he's really quite receptive to rational arguments about all those pretty shades of grey...