Iraq War Created Terrorist Breeding Ground Says Nat'l Intel. Council

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Jan 14, 2005.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Link

2. Zaid macrumors 6502

Somebody should introduce the US admin to the ends of their noses

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

David B. Low is well advised to start polishing up his resumé.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I saw this story on CNN. It just puts yet another official stamp on our worst fears: that Bush is such an ass, he ends up causing the very problems he claims he's trying to solve.

(It doesn't end with foreign policy, either, of course. I can't wait to see what happens to Social Security if he has his way.)

So...how will the neo-cons explain this finding? Is the CIA still infiltrated with liberal contrarians who don't support the president (in spite of the recent purge)? Or has the "liberal media" somehow distorted the CIA's report?

One thing's for sure: IJ is right. This guy Low has just put himself on Bush's s--- list.

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

maybe bush's legacy will be that of the Self-Fulfilling Prophecy:
    1. iraq _did_ become a breeding ground for terrorists
    2. social security _did_ become a financial crisis

what else we got?

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Ask any of the 9/11 widows and they'll tell you as much. He talks a good game, and over half of us fell for it. But his words do not match his actions, and he does wind up making things worse.

Worse, watching him talk right now on 20/20, he actually believes his own hype. Probably the only way he can sleep at night. But as everyone knows, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

7. 3Memos macrumors 6502

I'm so glad Jean Chretian had the good sense not to join the Coalition of the Idiots. Canada is safe from the terrorists' crosshairs.

8. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

You are safer... for now. I'd remind you of this quote:
    While I applaud your country's intelligence in not joining us in this foolhardy Iraq war, I wouldn't go so far as to say you are forever safe from terrorism because you stayed out. Was not your country involved in chasing the Taliban from Afghanistan? That will not be forgotten, neither by us nor by them. You're safe for now because there are FAR more tempting targets available.

9. 3Memos macrumors 6502

Canada has a history of being a peaceful nation. Our political system is so peaceful, it is almost boring. We gained our sovereignty from England through patience and diplomacy.

The world supported actions in Afghanistan, since Bin Laden was the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks. That was the right thing to do, so really it was the world in support of America vs the talibans.

10. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

And do you think bin Laden didn't notice that Canada was a part of the force that came after him?

I'm not saying you're in imminent danger, but if things somehow were to go badly for the rest of the world would Canada be left alone? You're not an Islamic theocracy...

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

And, it seems, by denying reality. Name your sovereign. :rolleyes:

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Now, now... don't scare the Canadian. After all thanks to Bush AND Blair, they may be the only friends we have left. That, and I'm sure they're a little afraid of us. I doubt they'll admit it, but I wouldn't blame them. :p

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I wouldn't blame them either. Anyone with any sense would be afraid when there's a madman with an M16 in the next room... :eek:

14. Zaid macrumors 6502

Ah... but her role as queen of Canada is separate from her role as queen of the UK

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Presumably she's the Dominatrix of Canada...Canada being a Dominion and all. ;)
    I can picture it now - though I don't really want to... :eek:

16. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day!
    Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day!

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Thatcher may have been a Dominatrix, but she was never Queen. Just as well, really. ;)

18. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Are you certain? I always figured Ronald Reagan would have made a better King than President. You know, smile, wave, make innocuous speeches and have no real political power?

19. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I liked his speech on suppose there was ufo's then us and the ruskies would be buddies and wall could come down....look what happened interesting isnt it.