Iraq War Vet and Bomb Sniffing Dog to Reunite at O'Hare

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bradl, Apr 30, 2014.

1. macrumors 68040

bradl

(NOTE: I'm trying to keep this one free/clear of political talk about the war fought in Iraq, and concentrate on the meeting. Mods, if it falls back into talk about the war, feel free to move this to PRSI.)

I caught this one this morning on FlightAware. Outside of family, which pets definitely are considered part of (I don't think we'd find anyone to argue against that), This would be the next best meetup that I would love to be at or take part in. Seeing the Youtube clips of pets seeing their owners after they come home from duty is priceless. So imagine it when both dog and owner are vets, serving together, like Bos and Cila.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-to-reunite-at-ohare-20140430,0,4307487.story

Vets on the forum, answer me this. Why would Bos have to pay get his dog back from duty, let alone Germany? This dog is just as much of a vet and hero as anyone else who has served; even more so since they are out finding the bombs for us to avoid. She should be able to make it home by the same means as our other vets do. I mean, a vet is a vet is a vet.

Or am I missing something here?

BL.