Iraqi Defector's Tales Bolstered U.S. Case for War

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Mar 28, 2004.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/iraq/complete/la-fg-curveball28mar28,1,764957.story

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ah you beat me by abour 5 minutes on this one... ;)

Unbelievable, this is some serious stuff. Relying on a single source that you've never met for one of your most explosive pieces of 'evidence' on the march to war is either total negligance or willful deception.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

it's really a great con on chalabi's part. for years, he was looking for a sympathetic partner to take down saddam. then he found the bush administration, so blinded by their own desire to take out saddam that it became more a matter of selling the idea than performing due diligence on the allegations.

david mamet could make a film about it.

or mel brooks, for that matter. "checks and balances?!? we don't need no stinking checks and balances!"

4. toontra macrumors 6502

Powel's presentation to the UN was a disgrace from start to end, based on half-truths and rumours but presented as "fact". No wonder key security council members were not convinced, despite bully-boy diplomacy by the US and, to a lesser extent, the UK.

How is anyone expected to believe US "intelligence" ever again once it has been manipulated in this shameful way.

5. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I hope some of all this is sinking in with middle America--that they've been lied to, disregarded, and put in danger by the current administration, and all for a project, transformation of the middle east, that, when push comes to shove, I doubt the administration has the will to carry through.

I hope the electorate realizes this, because then Bush will have nothing to run on other than gay-bashing and setting back women's rights.