Iraqi Drones in US

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wdlove, Feb 24, 2003.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    According to Fox News announcement at approximately 3pm. The Department of Homeland Security reports that Iraq plans to use unmanned drones in the United States. The use GPS technology. Reported the possibilty of using them to deliver biological & chemical weapons.

You are wondering how they would get into our country. According to Fox, our borders and ports, remember 9/11. It's all thanks to our immigration policy. Which according to the Boston Globe, Sen. Teddy Kennedy is the chief architect.

Information on the Iraqi drones.,12271,807286,00.html

"Iraqi Drones May Target US Cities" This is still not giving all the information given by Jay Severin, 96.9 "Exteme Games.",2933,79450,00.html
  2. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Dec 14, 2001
    Ok, so forgettting the arguement that Iraq has the money and know how and ability to fly these into US air space, what does the borders have to do with anything? Drones are small planes, why would they try and fly thru Mexican and Canadian borders? Even if thye were to fly entering the east coast, we do have something called radars. They are cool eletronic devices that detect mass within a given area. So, I'm sure they'd detect a small white plane flying into our airspace.

I hardly think these small planes would be able to carry enough chemical substance to do any real damage.

from the first link-

3. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    The planes may already be in the US. Cargo containers via one of our ports or a truck via our porous border. They could easily be rebuilt in the US.

It doesn't take that much biological or chemical to do the damage. If it were to occur, it would cause panic. That is what a terrorist wants.
  4. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

Jan 7, 2002
    2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    glad to see the guardian debunk this fear-mongering propaganda.

looks like the OSI is indeed alive and well...regardless of what rummy says.
  5. ear2ear macrumors member

Feb 23, 2002
    Who needs terrorists when you have irresponsible journalism and fear-mongers for leaders. :mad:
  6. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Dec 1, 2002
    That is so true.
  7. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    We need to be prepared, 9/11 taught us that. Our leaders are trying to learn the best way to pass on information to us, without causing panic. I don't want to live in the world of the Democrat Party or the Liberal Elite. I want Americans to determine her future.
  8. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    You're fooling yourself if you think the American public is running things more with a Republican in the office than a Democrat.

Both parties have their own agendas. The only question is: whose agenda matches up best with yours? ;)
  9. e-coli macrumors 68000

Jul 27, 2002
    Re: Iraqi Drones in US

say no more. :rolleyes:

this type of insidious blasphemy should be illegal.
  10. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Jan 3, 2002
    San Destin Florida
    You know what, screw this! Are you people so stupid that you can't see your hands in front of your face! This isn't about political parties, or fox news being conservative. It is about a real threat that we have been worried about for a long time. They can ship these things here in small containers, and reassemble them, and arm them with biological and chemical weapons. How dare you compare our leaders to the terror of this type of attack. They can do it, and probably will when we attack, but would do it otherwise anyway.

I love how civilians with opinions can be ignorant to what is actually taking place in their own country. I am not saying that you are unamerican, but just ignorant to the facts. I am sorry if this is harsh, but I have friends that are deployed over there protecting your asses, and the best you can do is insult the news agency that is reporting a real threat to you!

UNREAL! Rower, this is not even aimed at you, and those on the thread with smarts know that it is not directed at them either.
  11. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Well said. Be sure to thank your friends for serving in the military, it is a great sacrifice. I'm sure that they are as patriotic as I am. I served in the military myself. I greatly appreicate their sacrifice.

It is very important that everyone educate themself about what is happening to our country. Ignorance is no bliss!

Being forewarned is forearmed! Being prepared will lessen anxiety!