Iraqi PM executes prisoners?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

How's this for a recommendation for high office? Small wonder Bush likes him so much; he must remind him of all those tough judges in Texas Westerns. Actually, I think the St. Valentine's Day massacre and Chicago gangsters might be a closer analogy.

Sydney Morning Herald

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

yeah, but at least that tyrant saddam is no longer in power, right?

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

While I'm not ready to declare him a murderer, I predict many violations of human rights under Allawi. He will be the hammer the Americans never could be because of the outcry of Imperial Agressors. Much like the Central American dictators of the '80s that we dealt with happily as long as they were 'our SOB'. The human rights violations of that time are still reverberating in Central and South America to this day.

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

meet the new boss...

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

why not? i think it's entirely appropriate.

and what of the US reaction? this is the last paragraph of the article:

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I'm waiting for the poll that asks,

"Would you be more or less likely to vote for G.W. Bush if he personally executed Saddam Hussein?"

I bet he'd do it if such a poll came back with a 70% "more" rating.

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i bet he'd do it if he had to resign the next day and face criminal charges

8. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

Funny you should mention that as bush has appointed John Negroponte as the ambassador to Iraq, funny as in his resume is written in the blood of the victims of the Honduran death squads he actively shielded as the US ambassador there.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Show me more than one source and I'll agree. I meant that on the basis of this one article I'm not ready to call him a murderer. That doesn't mean I'm dismissing this out of hand either, just that I want to see some more evidence before leveling such a serious charge.

Don't get me started on Negroponte. I am well aware of his lack of regard for huuman rights. Hopefully this will be followed up on and more investigation will be done. But you know rumors can sometimes get blown out of proportion. Remember Kerry's supposed intern affair?

Regardless, I'm not absolving Allowi of anything. I think he's going to be the public face of a very brutal and repressive government. I also think he'll be more than willing to play the puppet for Dubya Inc.

10. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Grrrr.........

I knew that name was familliar. Dammit! Vote out this fool! We really don't need a cross between Nixon and Reagan in office for nearly a Decade do we?

We can't be too surprised... Iraq is a fairly savage place that's been ruled by-the-sword for a very long time.

11. radhak macrumors regular

Looks like Donald Trump has better foresight than anybody of the US policy makers. The other day he had said,"C'mon. Two minutes after we leave, there's going to be a revolution, and the meanest, toughest, smartest, most vicious guy will take over. And he'll have weapons of mass destruction, which Saddam didn't have".
    A regular nostradamus, this Donald...

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

then i misunderstood