Iraqis killed by US troops ‘on rampage’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by toontra, Mar 25, 2006.

1. toontra macrumors 6502

Seems more like Vietnam every day - Link

It would appear that either US troops are out of control or they have orders to shoot at will, including women and children.

Read the whole article. This is perhaps the most chilling report I've read recently, and that says something!

2. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Where in that article does it say that US troops have orders to shoot at will?

What I see:

It's being investigated.

3. toontra thread starter macrumors 6502

What I said was either the troops are out of control (more likely IMO), or they have orders allowing the indiscriminate shooting of civilians.

Either way, this is making a dire situation even worse, if such a thing were possible.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

The people I know in the military would never do such things, but there are some who aren't as civil. I was talking to a former Marine early today who mentioned the kill and rampage mentality that is burned into them during training, and the frustration that comes from not being able to act upon it. I'd like to believe it was an accident, but there are some bad eggs in the service. Put them in a situation like this, what do people expect to happen.

I still blame the higher ups.